JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there,

My brother and I are new members to the forum. We've got a back country Alaska hunt being planned for 2018 and were hoping to spend some time hiking and shooting while were together in PDX for the holidays. Any recommendations on places to hike into an outdoor shooting area would be greatly appreciated. We're just looking to get comfortable carrying our packs with our rifles and getting used to shooting in the cold, so any ideas on a good 4-10 mile hike with a shooting spot on the way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of the good information I've gleaned from you folks already. Cheers.

Welcome from Beaverton.
If you want to hike and shoot your best bet would be one of the BLM areas west or east of Portland. Locally it's not advisable due to the fact that the city and county parks have rules about discharging firearms. Do some searching around the site for the Tillamook and Mt. Hood shooting areas. There are designated shooting areas which are all quite hikeable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top