JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I've been a member on here for awhile now--since August of 2020--but have never introduced myself. Unfortunately, I had not taken the opportunity to become very involved on the site...when my town and my family's home burned down in the Santiam Wildfire in September 2020.

Pretty much everything we owned burned up with our home. I will not confirm or deny whether our firearms survived... :D

Anyway, now I find myself President of the Santiam Gun Club, a proposed gun club and range, in the Santiam Canyon area of Oregon, about 35-40 miles east of Salem. So it seems to me that now is a very good time to spend more time on this group.

I've grown up with firearms. My father had a gun collection of about 230-240 assorted firearms, and along with my four brothers we had a literal blast when it came to enjoying guns.

My profession is computer geek--I do most everything on business and home computer systems. Other than that...well, the stories are long...

I really have nothing else to say. I love firearms.

Welcome to the Forum JohnboyTheGrea!

What a remarkable childhood firearm education you and your brother had. Wow. I have known some with that many as an adult. As a kid it must have been as you say a real blast!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum. Sorry about your home. 2020 was a horrible year.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads