JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
13" long OTF, 7" retracted. How many of you jokers are popping stiffies for this thing?
ontario-bayonet-01.jpg

Looks like a natural for an MHI Abomination-inspired Saiga-12 build...

Mall Ninjas.....Aaaassssemmmmmbbllllllle!
Yah.

Not knocking innovation, by any means. However, if it were ever to come to a point where WE would NEED a bayonet (retractable or non), multiple layers of fail have occurred.

And I do have bayonets for us. We do not train with them. As IMO, there would have to be layers of fail occurring to where I'd even bother training us in on them...

All that said (as with everything else 2A), its not about NEED. If someone WANTS them, get them!

I have to wonder if it would be anywhere near as stout as a conventional bayonet. If ever there was a case for needing a really durable knife that would be subjected to abuse, it would be a bayonet affixed to the end of a rifle and used in CQB.

I have to wonder if it would be anywhere near as stout as a conventional bayonet. If ever there was a case for needing a really durable knife that would be subjected to abuse, it would be a bayonet affixed to the end of a rifle and used in CQB.
A sidefolder like on a Mosin or CZ52 would be much better for stowing and structural integrity than an OTF.

I have a battery of arms that are specifically set up to take the exact same bayonet interchangeably, and they also feed the same ammo from the same stripper clips!
A Winny 95, a Springfield 1903, an 03A3, and a Mauser 98! I also have a Winny 97 Trench conversion that takes the exact same bayonets, Makes thing so much simpler when it comes to old school fightin irons!

Bayonets look cool but are obsolete and have been for a long time .

I say this as a collector of bayonets for almost 40 years at this point. I have em , they fit rifles I own , but if you think I am engaging someone with a bayonet when I have ammo you're wrong. If anyone says what about the need to quietly dispatch someone . I will respond that in my world as a civilian now for quite a while I have no such need and having the ability and opportunity to quietly silence someone probably means I probably have the ability to quietly move on without being noticed.

This ain't Passchendaele and I am not on Pork Chop Hill , Hill 355 , the Ardennes or Bougainville

Frankly, if you see a bayonet on my rifle and it's not on a range or as part of a teaching session, it's because I want whoever's trying to force entry into my home to get my point very clearly that if they're smart they have MUCH more important business as far away from me as they can get. In practical terms, the bayonet has become more a psychological weapon than a physiological one.

@03A3Sporter Mind if I pick your brain for a pricecheck on something?

Dunno if you're familiar with Eickhorn's B2005CAN, but right now they're looking like $275 manufacturer direct and best I can find is $230. Is that pretty normal for most blades, or am I just in sticker-shock only because of a sweetheart deal one of our boardmates cut me on an OKC-3S for $100?
Pretty par for course actually you may find one for less if you do it will be an individual , but that seems to be going rate .

Thanks, amigo. I still stand by the position that since I've paid the costs for building her rifle my GF is going to have to buy her own bayonet, but I was hoping to see if there might be any leads where I could find her something palatable on her even-tighter budget.

'Til then, if she wants to play "bayonet drills" there's always my M4 and the Ontario. :)

It needs a rail on the bottom to mount a flashlight. Then you can shine the light to blind the intruder, stab them in the eye and then pull the trigger to finish them off.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top