Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New NWFA Resources Map!

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Joe Link, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

As I told many of you when I started this site, my goal is to continue innovating and building resources that make this site a 'one stop shop' of resources for Northwest firearm owners.

Here's our latest addition, a map of Northwest firearm-related resources, such as ranges, shops, outdoor shooting locations, etc. It's still in the very early stages of testing, and it's going to take me a while to get all the info added in (I have to do it manually), but I wanted to share my progress. Hopefully as time goes on we'll be able to add things like driving directions and other features, but for now it's best to find what you want them use Google Maps to plot your route.

You can find the link on the navbar up above, under 'NWFA Resources', or click here.

Let me know what you think!

2. theparanorm

theparanorm Everywhere - Μολὼν λάβε Member

Hey...very cool feature Joey. Awesome job you are doing!

Keep it up :thumbup:

3. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Can we create some Zombie rally points, just in case???

4. theparanorm

theparanorm Everywhere - Μολὼν λάβε Member

Good call... +1 :thumbup:

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Looks good joey.

6. Anoobie Knewberton 47

Anoobie Knewberton 47 Oregon Member

Very nice!!! Although the last thing I need right now is to find a bunch more places to spend $$$ on firearms and ammo. :laugh::bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

7. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Great resource! Thanks for all of your work!

Alas, it also makes me sad to see how many old-time gunshops we have lost. :( There's nothing in Inner Portland at all anymore. Does anyone remember Bwanna Junction?

Is The Place To Shoot at Delta Park forgotten?...................elsullo :huh:

8. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

I appreciate all the thought and hard work you put into this site.. Glad we had the chance to meet..briefly at the show..

9. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

Great idea Joey, Thanks for putting it together! How about adding places in SW BC and other NW states to the map too? On a related note maybe we could include upcoming gunshows, training classes and other NW firearms related events to the calendar?

10. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone :thumbup:

Those aren't even the tip of the iceberg as far as firearm-related resources I have to add. I'm planning on adding everything from Washington, Idaho, and parts of BC eventually. It's a real pain though, cause after I find all the information it takes me about an hour to add 15 of them.

11. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

Joey, how the heck do you find the time to do all this. Good job, dude.
    Elsullo, I'm old enough to know what you are talking about. And, newbie enough to be clueless. Tell us about what you remember, if you have the time.

12. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

How can I help? :)

13. Joe Link

Unfortunately, with the economy the way it is business is very slow, so I'm focusing on my passion :thumbup:

14. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Looks good... but needs more "Northwest" stuff in it (i.e. Washington state) :D

15. Joe Link

I really appreciate the offer! Unfortunately, there's no way for it to be more than a one person job :(

16. Joe Link

Jenny just finished updating our Washington and Idaho information :thumbup:

17. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Good job on the map. Looks like there are still some things that need adding to the WA state info though. What sort of data would be helpful? Lat and Long and name of site enough? :thumbup:

18. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

This is a superb idea, and a great beginning. Hope to see Cabela's in Lacey on the map and in the "reviews" section someday, too.

:)

19. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

Are we seriously so limited on free "gravel pit" type ranges in Oregon?