JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome.

What did you get right out of the gate?
I picked up a Springfield mod2 XD9 subcompact for Christmas and followed it with the Tactical model in Jan.

20190106_172509.jpg

Welcome! :)

Don't worry, @Kruel J will break you down eventually on the Glocks. I have been anti-Glock for years and unfortunately just bought a G19, mostly because he never shuts up about them. I hate to admit it, but it's a good shooter.

I tried a few glocks before going with my XD. Didn't fit my hand and hit the mag release almost every time I shot.
Yep, Glock is more Luger grip angle while most others are Browning grip angle, I find most are prone to one or another. XD's are solid and I had 1 awhile back but sold it to go 100% Glock to keep my manual of arms more consistent.

Yep, Glock is more Luger grip angle while most others are Browning grip angle, I find most are prone to one or another. XD's are solid and I had 1 awhile back but sold it to go 100% Glock to keep my manual of arms more consistent.

Yup, sticking with one manufacturer so I'm not over loaded with gear for multiple guns and ammo. Rifles are another matter.

Welcome to NWFA !
We love to spend other member's money.
Here goes...

I'm kind of on a Glock kick lately, but two of my shooting buddies have P320's
And I have to say, that they are sweet shooters.
They shoot better "out of the box" than a Glock, I will admit.
Here's the extra-fancy X5...it's a beaut.
719018008_1.jpg

Welcome. I had an full size XD 9mm for awhile as well. It was well made, solid, good feel, shot very well and very reliable. The problem was the slide. My wife couldn't rack it and I had a lot of problems because it was so stiff from the strong spring it uses. I had to use so much of my hand to grip and rack it I was starting to catch part of my hand in the ejection port and other places and it took all the fun out of shooting it, so it didn't get shot.

I tried a Beretta 92FS and loved it, so I got rid of the XD and have 2 Beretta's and am looking at a 3rd in .32 ACP (if I can find a Tomcat at a decent price). I have have very little interest in Glock's as I don't care for how they feel to me but it doesn't mean I'll never buy one some day, it's just not very high on my list of possible future purchases. :)

Mike

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads