JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to NWFA. Love the First Navy Jack, though when I was in only the oldest Active Duty ship could fly her.

Glad you found the forum.

Welcome. I had an full size XD 9mm for awhile as well. It was well made, solid, good feel, shot very well and very reliable. The problem was the slide. My wife couldn't rack it and I had a lot of problems because it was so stiff from the strong spring it uses. I had to use so much of my hand to grip and rack it I was starting to catch part of my hand in the ejection port and other places and it took all the fun out of shooting it, so it didn't get shot.

I tried a Beretta 92FS and loved it, so I got rid of the XD and have 2 Beretta's and am looking at a 3rd in .32 ACP (if I can find a Tomcat at a decent price). I have have very little interest in Glock's as I don't care for how they feel to me but it doesn't mean I'll never buy one some day, it's just not very high on my list of possible future purchases. :)

Mike
Hey Mike,
I never shot the XDM 9mm so I can't tell you the difference in feel to the mod 2. I just fell in love with the feel of the grip and feel when shooting. I had an M9 Beretta as a service pistol and never really liked how it handled. The XD's I have now are what I like right now. My search for guns I enjoy shooting continues.

Last Edited:
Don't base for Beretta experience on your service pistol. I have a few Marine buddies that I hang out with and they were surprised at how well my 92sf shot. I told them I'm the second owner and there was very little wear from the first owner.

The great thing about this forum is the ability to go out in groups after a clean up and try out what everyone brought.

Next thing you know, your rotation has expanded even though you always said that you would keep to one caliber.

I've been rocking my Colt Trooper Mk III since I picked up a new to me George Lawrence Holster. I don't even regret it.

Gryghin, I have a Colt Trooper .357 as well and love it. My dad got it from a retired Oklahoma law enforcement officer during his travels and he must have done some trigger work on it as it has a very smooth double action and a very light trigger single action. I love shooting it and that is the one I usually open carry when I'm out shooting on public land. I have a nicely fitting leather Hunter holster that I picked up for it. It's not fancy but it fits the gun and wears well.

Kenneth, I can understand the feel thing. I liked how mine felt in my hand as well, it was just the stiff rack I didn't care for. If it had racked as easy as my Beretta I'd never have gotten rid of it.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads