JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1500
Manufacturer
Sig Sauer
Caliber
40 S&W
City
Rathdrum
State
Idaho

• A "New, Never Fired" Sig P229 SAS Gen 1 .40 S&W
  • Crimson Trace Laser Grips NIB
  • Original Sig Sauer grips
  • 4 extra standard magazines
  • 3 double mag carriers, nylon duty belt, leather belt holster
  • 1 leather shoulder holster with double mag carrier by Bianchi.
  • If you can legally own a gun and are an Idaho resident, I can sell to you directly.
  • If you can legally own a gun and are NOT an Idaho resident, I am required to ship to an FFL near you.
Sig P229 SAS in .40 S&W. This is the rare and extremely hard to find first Generation Sig SAS, which featured a very smooth profile and rounded edges and corners. It was designed to be as snag-free as possible for use by police, military and as an EDC weapon. DAK trigger.

"The Sig Sauer P229 Sig-Anti-Snag is a semi-automatic medium size frame handgun designed for self-defense and primary concealed carry. The SAS model has a lower profile, a smooth finish and rounded edges that allows users to have the weapon concealed and not have to worry about it catching on the holster, clothing, or other material when it is pulled out to be used in case of an emergency. The frame and slide are put through a custom shop that gives radical dehorning on them to make them as much of a snag free profile as possible."

1. P229 SAS .40.png
2. P229 SAS .40.png
3. P229 SAS .40.png
4. P229 SAS .40.png
5. P229 SAS .40.png

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I don't have a price for the individual pieces. I inherited a number of Sigs indirectly from a collector, who purchased accessories for most of his guns, but didn't actually shoot them. He put Crimson Trace grips on almost every pistol, including revolvers and Wilson Combat and Nighthawk. He had each gun in a range bag with various accessories. Why he bought what he did I have no idea. I have six Sig pistols and I don't plan on keeping any of them. So I need to sell what was in the range bag with the gun. Like a number of people who have inquired about just buying the pistol, I don't have a need for any of the accessories. Plus I have large boxes of various holsters, guns parts, belts, gun bags, etc that came as part of the package. Bottom line I need to sell everything in the bag with the gun.

I'll make it $1400 for everything listed. And, I'll throw in two boxes of .40 ammo.
I've got a lot of ammo I have not gone thru or inventoried so not sure of the manufacturer.

I believe the Sig Gen 1 SAS models are referenced as DA/SA triggers. The hammer, which is even/smooth with the frame, is carried "down" with a round in the chamber. The first shot is therefore a "double action" trigger pull. Pressing the trigger first cocks the hammer and further pull then fires the round, hence the DA. I believe??? the DA trigger pull weight is 8-8.5 pounds. After the first round is fired, the second round is chambered, the hammer is "back", and the trigger now performs as a "single action". I believe the SA trigger pull weight is 4-5 pounds. The hammer is even with the frame and does not have an extended horn to cock with the thumb manually. That's how the Sig Gen 1 SAS (Sig Anti-snag System) were designed. The DA/SA trigger as I understand the Sig history was to have an everyday handgun with a high safety margin, minimal chance of getting hung up on gear or clothes and ready to fire with pull of the trigger (the first DA, then the rest of the magazine SA). This was achieved by making a gun with a very smooth profile, all rounded corners and no protrusions, (like a hammer without a thumb extension), designed for carry with the least possible chance of snagging on clothes or gear. You can cock the hammer with your thumb, it is ribbed on top, but you have to press your thumb down into the frame groove to make firm contact. It would definitely be slower than going DA on the first shot.

I've been doing some more research on your DAK or DAO trigger question. Since the Sig does NOT have a de-cocking lever, it really can't be a DA/SA. Never having shot any of the Sigs I have for sale I thought it had the de-cocking lever. I have two P220's in .45 and a Legion P229 in 9mm that have the lever.

The Gen 1 SAS P226, 229, and 239 in .40 S&W I have listed DO NOT have the lever. According to the data and descriptions from the Sig forum these are "DAK" triggers. The info said the easiest way to tell is if the hammer is just a smoothed nub and has no thumb lever at all. That's what these have for hammers.

So the correct answer to your question is, ........it has a DAK trigger.

Sorry for the misinformation previously.

The way these work, (I got one out and checked) is when you work the slide to chamber a round, the hammer is moved to a "half-cock" position and stays there.

The hammer does not stay in a full cock position, even tho the slide, when racked, physically moves the hammer that far. Even if you move the hammer to full cock with your thumb, it will not stay there and returns to half-cock

When you pull the trigger, the hammer is pushed into a full cock position and fires.

Hope that clarifies what trigger type is on the P229 .40

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.