JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just watching the trailer it makes me think 1 of 2 things. Either this is entirely Hollywooded up, or that we have a seriously bubblegum'd up policy of killing enemies. If we know where they are bomb them, if there are a lot of them, use a bigger bomb and more of them. Kill them whoever harbors them and their goat. None of that is worth a drop of American soldiers blood.

Just watching the trailer it makes me think 1 of 2 things. Either this is entirely Hollywooded up, or that we have a seriously bubblegum'd up policy of killing enemies. If we know where they are bomb them, if there are a lot of them, use a bigger bomb and more of them. Kill them whoever harbors them and their goat. None of that is worth a drop of American soldiers blood.

Have not seen the trailer yet, but from what I have read/heard from those who have been there and others, the bad guys mix themselves in with the civilian population, so even with the 'precision' strikes we can do today, there is a high chance of killing more innocents than guilty - indeed, the bad guys may not be there at all. Besides the fact that 'collateral damage' is not good - especially when it can be avoided, this often results in turning the indigenous population against us or even worse, making them join the enemy.

So we have to send in people on the ground to do what bombing can't do.

IMO, the mission was accomplished when we got Bin Laden and it is time to get out. We have been there 16 years now and we are still fighting an endless war.

Lets not beat a dead horse.
The politics have been debated since the war started.

This is a movie about some badarse American heroes who did some crazy ish to serve their country and I'm glad some of these stories are coming to light and being able to be told through cinema so the masses can see the heroics they did for all of us.

Have not seen the trailer yet, but from what I have read/heard from those who have been there and others, the bad guys mix themselves in with the civilian population, so even with the 'precision' strikes we can do today, there is a high chance of killing more innocents than guilty - indeed, the bad guys may not be there at all. Besides the fact that 'collateral damage' is not good - especially when it can be avoided, this often results in turning the indigenous population against us or even worse, making them join the enemy.

So we have to send in people on the ground to do what bombing can't do.

IMO, the mission was accomplished when we got Bin Laden and it is time to get out. We have been there 16 years now and we are still fighting an endless war.

Sometimes as a child when I was playing in the sand and what I had been working on wasn't what I wanted it to be or it wasn't working I just wiped the entire slate clean and started from scratch.

We bombed the hell out of Europe/German Forces/Germany and the Southern Japan. There was a lot of collateral damage, in fact just watching a documentary last night talked about how one fire bomb attack on Japan killed an estimated 100,000 people, mostly civilians, we haven't had a problem with Japan since, or Germany for the matter.

So, I will reiterate, kill them, whoever harbors them, their family, and their goat. If you are going to engage, engage so decisively and savagely that it stuns the enemy with the magnitude of response and mercilessly destroys them, otherwise why bother engaging. Every military action is a fight to the death.

Make it be known that if you associate with the enemy you will be treated like the enemy and destroyed.

That's what the Vietcong did to the Vietnamese people, made them understand that any assistance given to American forces would lead them and their family to be dead and not before some terrible things were done to them.

War is terrible, what's worse is being at war and not acting like it. Most Americans don't even think about the US still being in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Seen my share of crazy in azzganastain! And our leaders still havnt a clue how to fight or win! Watched a number of kids shoot RPGs at us fade into the crowd and disappear, only to pop back out and take another potshot at us as soon as we stopped looking for them! Even more times, local farmers planting IEDs in the middle of the road and then disappear to wait and see if they get one to blow a US Mil. Convoy, and then wait and attack the survivors as they dismount to treat the wounded! Yup, great times! Add in all the rules made up by civilian handlers 12000 miles away and it was destined to be a loosing fight! Can't shoot the kid holding the RPG until he shoots it at you, can't M2 the farmer while he is setting the bomb, not until it detonates and kills a bunch of dudes, and only if he sticks around to fight! Yup, great plan! Hearts and minds, yea, thata work!

Looks like a good movie, will be fun to watch and see how it stacks up with the book!

Last Edited:
Seen my share of crazy in azzganastain! And our leaders still havnt a clue how to fight or win! Watched a number of kids shoot RPGs at us fade into the crowd and disappear, only to pop back out and take another potshot at us as soon as we stopped looking for them! Even more times, local farmers planting IEDs in the middle of the road and then disappear to wait and see if they get one to blow a US Mil. Convoy, and then wait and attack the survivors as they dismount to treat the wounded! Yup, great times! Add in all the rules made up by civilian handlers 12000 miles away and it was destined to be a loosing fight! Can't shoot the kid holding the RPG until he shoots it at you, can't M2 the farmer while he is setting the bomb, not until it detonates and kills a bunch of dudes, and only if he sticks around to fight! Yup, great plan! Hearts and minds, yea, thata work!

Looks like a good movie, will be fun to watch and see how it stacks up with the book!
That sounds super frustrating, and unsafe. Makes you beg the question, when do we hear rational thinking and stuff in this country that make sense? Mind blowing.
Add in that the current generation that is being taught to hate our country will someday be defending it is scary.

My solace, my oldest son is a marine with a good head on his shoulders, and he knows what is what! Good Marines ( and the other services) are what will carry us trough the storm ahead! It's just as effed up as ever, but at least we know how to do this thing, only need the stones to do it! If you havnt seen the movie War Machine yet, it's a great movie and does a good job telling the story of what's happening! In the mean time, we have a whole wing of brand new, barely flown airplanes just sitting in the sand never used and never to be flown again at the cost of 1.5 billion u.s. dollars we bought the Afghan air force!!! One and bad joke after another!:mad:

we have a whole wing of brand new, barely flown airplanes just sitting in the sand never used and never to be flown again
Military funding. Spend a lot, keep the budget. There's money in war.

I don't disagree with military funding (because getting rid of it is a bad idea), but it is ridiculous what they do with the money at times.

Don't know if they'll do a movie of it, but the book 'The Only Thing Worth Dying For' by Eric Blehm is the true story of the first special forces group to enter southern Afghanistan after 9/11. 11 Green Beret team with Hamid Karzai in tow were evading the Taliban and making contact with other potential tribal allies. It ended in the death of several US and allied fighters when a mistake was made in calling in a bomb strike, so maybe that kind of downer eliminates its movie potential. Some incredible heroics by helicopter pilots that made a long distance [with refueling] to fly out of the dead and wounded. If I recall correctly, they overflew Kandahar in daylight as it was the most direct path to medical care.

Blehm's book on the life and death of Navy Seal Team 6 operator Adam Brown ['Fearless'] is also a good one: right hand crushed in a rollover in Afghanistan, he re qualified as a left hander. Then lost sight in one eye during a training accident, but continued in active duty until his death in Afghanistan. At his family's insistence, Brown's legal troubles and drug use are fully developed, as he had joined the Navy and volunteered for BUD/S to defeat his demons.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top