JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've wanted one of these ever since Mossberg introduced them to the civilian market, so about two weeks ago I went into the valley to Cabela's and bought one. Happy, right?

Wrong!! :(

Got it out of the box and loaded one round in the magazine, racked the slide and the gun failed to feed. Further examination showed that the cartridge interrupter was not retracting when the breach was closed allowing the next shell to stage onto the cartridge stop.

I emailed Maverick Arms in Texas and as of this writing, a request has been entered into their data base for a new cartridge interrupter, but until it arrives; my New 590A1 is not much more than a club!!

I'd post pics, but I've exceeded my forum quota.... So here are some links....

Sometimes new and used guns have problems. With the companies I have bought from, they always made it right. I do understand the frustration, just hold in there and wait.

if you're interrupter is staying in place as you pump all the way back then you may only need to bend this piece slightly in order for it to function properly... to much and you'll get double feeds... to little and the shells won't feed at all.

I must be blessed!!

I removed the shell interrupter and put it in an open vice with the interrupter pivot pin on one jaw of the vice and the point of the interrupter on the other. I gave it three rather aggressive springy bends and reinstalled it in the gun..

Success!! The 590A1 now feeds, doesn't double feed and it is ready for a field test!! Now, I have to find some place to field test it! Can't believe my range doesn't pro-rate memberships. I might have to wait until January!!

Thanks oli!!

Don't let that hiccup ruin your trust in the 590. I have had mine for several years and several thousand rounds of every thing immaginable with zero problems. Awesome gun you will definitely enjoy now that she's cycling normally

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top