JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0366.JPG

I have had the rest of these built for a while but was just able to go get the lowers picked up today. Both are "blem" PSA units built around bits gathered on sale or second hand.

The top is a KS47 which is PSA's answer to a AR in 7.62x39 designed around AK mags. Much more finkiy than most other AR's I assembled. Actually had to do some filing and fit up to get everything acting like it should.

The bottom is the PSA dedicated Colt SMG lower with a side charging upper. I think it's going to be my new favorite pistol caliber carbine (I have a couple Glock mag ones as well but I like the ascetic and feel of the Colt mag guns for some reason)

Anyway, more show and tell than anything. I am more anxious than normal to go break these guys in. :D

Filing and fit up on the KS47 mag-well, or something else?

The handguard to get it to fit with the lower and the plate that goes in front of the receiver tube nut (charging handle hit it)

I did notice my Tapco AK mags would not fit in the mag well, all my metal ones seemed to lock In fine.

I got a Pmag for an AK someplace. I'll have to see how it fits

Looks like an overall good kit. That's the only way I'd run a x39 AR variant is with actual AK mags. The x39 AR mags are too flaky for my liking.

This all started for me because they had the lower on sale for $139... I thought it looked interesting. I don't think it's as good of way to go as the CMMG mutant which takes AK mags but is built on the .308 chassis. I think if you want "real" that is the way to go.

That said I got less than half in this one what it would take to buy one of those

Ive got a psa unit...i havnt clearenced my upper yet for the ak mags...i have a mgi enhanced bcg....
Its a mega billet slick slide, i still got to tap the bcg for a charge handle

20161130_172949.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads