JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is from Feb. 2020, but more relevant than ever in Oregon today: https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...WCCGNyhPwBwqCuw_XnvfmzimNCxVDpz3ZoPE58w4bOD8w

The hyphenated tyrant governor of NM rammed unconstitutional red flag laws onto her state's books. Many Sheriffs pushed back citing due process and their unwillingness to violate the constitutional rights of the people they serve.

The takeaway: New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has signed a red-flag law that will allow state district courts to order the temporary surrender of firearms. She urged sheriffs to resign if they refuse to enforce the law signed Tuesday.

New Mexico Sheriffs' Association President Tony Mace of Cibola County said the new law goes too far by potentially impounding guns before any crime is committed and that he and other sheriffs will assert their discretion over its enforcement.

"We don't work for the governor, we don't work for the Legislature," he said. "We work for the people that elected us into office." (emphasis mine).

I know Shane Nelson of Deschutes Co. has stated he and his department will not violate the constitutional rights of the citizens they serve, declaring Deschutes a defacto 2A sanctuary jurisdiction. I believe John Gautney, Jim Adkins, and Chris Kaber of Crook, Jefferson, and Klamath respectively have made similar statements. I am drafting a letter that I plan on sending to every Sheriff in Oregon reminding them of the constitutional duty. I know the lickspittle sheriffs in the coastal counties will laugh at my suggestion, but I think we've got more defenders on this side of the Cascades than we realize... with no love lost between them and Kate Brown.

Given all that's happened here over the past 1.5 yrs, I breathed a massive sigh of relief when Sheriff Nelson successfully defeated his woke disgraced Bend PD patrol office challenger. We still have to deal with this buffoon Krantz (new Bend PD chief hired out of Portland who has not disappointed the wokes by behaving exactly as you'd expect a Portland PD pencil pusher to behave).

I'll post a copy of my letter here when I get it done.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top