JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Is it possible to require either time or certain number of posts before posting in the classifieds section?
Seems the quality of new members is based mostly on coming here only to take advantage of the current panic.

Most don't read thr rules, many don't reply to questions etc.

Just a thought

I'm not a fan of the status quo which punishes the -many for the sins of a few. That is how our laws seem to come to pass for everything from speed bumps to gun laws. . If one converses (or try too) with a member of few post, the onus is on them to assume caution having the same info available as Joe's computer.
Having Big brother protect you when you are able to fend for yourself is not healthy in my mind and severely reduces our freedoms for both accredited members and new folks..
I vote no.

Upvote 0
True. I just don't want to be the guinea pig unless the deal is so good it's worth taking a chance on. A new member could build feedback by buying small items from sellers who are shipping.

The problem with this how rare it is for someone to leave feedback for the buyer. I have bought a few things on this sight and always left feed back for the seller, however only one of the sellers has left me a buyers feedback.

Upvote 0
This is not limited to just new members. There are a number of folks here who have been members for years and the only posts they make are related to selling something.

It's not a problem in my mind. There are many ways to add value to a site like this, and one of them is offering items for sale. If that's all they want to do so be it. The more items offered here the better for us all.

As far as scammers etc., well they are everywhere. I spend at least a couple of PMs of time before setting up a meeting. That gives me a bit of feeling for the person, but you never know, you can still be stood up or ghosted. Having a bit of conversation helps to eliminate this. If they end up being flakes, that's what the reporting feature and feedback is for.

Oh, by the way ... welcome @JungleGunBunny , glad you found us!
Selling something, or politics it seems. I understand those only using the forum for wheeling and dealing, but the political trolls should just be ignored I think.

Upvote 0
Some apparently did not read the notice under the classifieds:

Click to enlarge:

1606703552731.png

If you don't want to buy from newbies, DON'T. No problem.
Noone is "gouging". That is not possible - it's a free market - you don't have to buy ANYTHING. Think you can buy it cheaper elsewhere? GO FOR IT!

;)

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Geez, do you get mad at the grocery store for having to many selections? New products? Do you get pissed at the grocery store?

Think someone is to new?, then don't buy.
Think the price is to high?, then don't buy.

Go to the ads that meet "your" specific needs and pass on those that don't meet your muster...

Upvote 0
Some apparently did not read the notice under the classifieds:

Click to enlarge:

View attachment 784737

If you don't want to buy from newbies, DON'T. No problem.
Noone is "gouging". That is not possible - it's a free market - you don't have to buy ANYTHING. Think you can buy it cheaper elsewhere? GO FOR IT!

;)
Oh no, we all read it.
I see what your trying to do but alas...gouging exists. Just because we can't call them out on it here doesn't mean it's not real kiddo :D

Upvote 0
Geez, do you get mad at the grocery store for having to many selections? New products? Do you get pissed at the grocery store?

Think someone is to new?, then don't buy.
Think the price is to high?, then don't buy.

Go to the ads that meet "your" specific needs and pass on those that don't meet your muster...
Nope not at all and I always do.
Just seems the page is over ran with new members just here to take advantage of the panic.
And only started this topic for discussion not to afford any real change. Thats you all department lol
Cheers

Upvote 0
The better option is to wait for the panic to subside and then pick up the bargains that inevitably come up for sale.
Some folks seem to buy high and then sell low for a variety of reasons.

Upvote 0
The better option is to wait for the panic to subside and then pick up the bargains that inevitably come up for sale.
Some folks seem to buy high and then sell low for a variety of reasons.
Like 6 months after a unit gets home.
Bam! Nearly New Harley for pennies on the dollar! Gotta love those pfc and their rage spending. ;)

Upvote 0
The rules here are simple, if you don't like the price, then move on. PERIOD.

Staff doesn't set price nor have control of what someone asks for their goods, those are the rules, We ain't the price club.

If someone gouges then soon enough they'll build that reputation for themselves. Again, Staff doesn't police pricing here. You make your own decision to buy or pass As we're all grown ups here.

Upvote 0
I feel like the feedback system does the job? If you aren't comfortable with the seller's feedback rating, price's too high.... or the seller joined the site just today, etc. You don't have to buy.

If anything, I think it would be good practice to educate new members on how the classifieds work around here. Not just on selling, but also buying.

For the record everyone, while I have just one feedback on this site, if you see me posting something in classifieds, I do have 1,600+ feedbacks on eBay with 100% positive rating. :p

Upvote 0
Is it possible to require either time or certain number of posts before posting in the classifieds section?
Seems the quality of new members is based mostly on coming here only to take advantage of the current panic.

Most don't read thr rules, many don't reply to questions etc.

Just a thought

" One thumb up "

:p

I love how all the newbs post up " I dont do that!!". LOL

Upvote 0
I think the OP has a valid point. Just tonight, two new members (joined in OCT. 2020) bickering over who screwed who about a deal that never happened, and calling each other out in the thread that was eventually shut down and for good reason. IDK if I have ever seen anything like that on here.

Gougers jumping the Armslist ship because they don't want to pay the new fees and coming here to try and hawk their overpriced booty isn't right IMO, but rules are rules. Maybe when/if everything gets back to normal (whatever that will look like) they will have something more to contribute to NWF other than overpriced ammo.

I have met a lot of nice guys and bought a fair amount of guns, ammo, parts, etc. over the years from NWF classifieds and always had honest, straight up, no nonsense dealings. But I am naturally paranoid, I do my homework and I would never buy from someone with one post, and that being what their selling and no feedback history. Just like eBay if it isn't hundreds of sales and 98-100% satisfaction, I'm not pulling the trigger.

I guess at the end of the day it's "buyer beware".

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top