JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Is it possible to require either time or certain number of posts before posting in the classifieds section?
Seems the quality of new members is based mostly on coming here only to take advantage of the current panic.

Most don't read thr rules, many don't reply to questions etc.

Just a thought

I'm semi new but trying to be a good member of the community. I have bought a couple things and just sold my first item yesterday. Planning on donating after Christmas (money is tight till). So I guess I'm saying don't make it an account age thing cause I'm trying

Upvote 0
I am new here, I came here after Armslist installed a paywall for all use.
I think alot of former Armslist users will show up here after awhile. Including the less than honest ones..I saw a listing on here for a pistol I had made a deal for on Armslist. Guy texted "on my way" than never heard another thing..
Stood around like a goon for an hour before going home angry.

Upvote 0
I think alot of former Armslist users will show up here after awhile. Including the less than honest ones..I saw a listing on here for a pistol I had made a deal for on Armslist. Guy texted "on my way" than never heard another thing..
That's the exact thing we are trying to prevent. We understand in this community funds are tight as we are all very different. We don't want people exploiting the fact of having a great platform and taking advantage of members.

I too would like to upgrade my membership and just donate to the cause when I can! Stay tuned.

Upvote 0
Understand your concerns but the reality is that many are here just to exploit our long time members. The gouging is off the chart. I lost track of how many times I've seen join dates of the same day an add is posting.
No value added.

Sorry if you are new and thanks of uou are actually contributing to the community but please understand the frustration.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
This same issue has been brought up the last time ammo was scarce.
A lot of ideas were kicked around, but nothing was implemented and I expect the same will happen as before, which was just letting the market correct itself without interference.

Upvote 0
Understand your concerns but thr reality is that many are here just to exploit our long time members. The gouging is off the chart. I lost track of how many times I've seen join dates of the same day an add is posting.
No value added.

Sorry if you are new and thanks of uou are actually contributing to the community but please understand the frustration.
Being new and this being a community driven site that is equally listings and forums I figured alot of people would be hesitant to jump into a deal with an FNG. Even a fair or "good" deal..
I'm not too worried though, I'm not looking to scam/cheat or make a quick buck...trade a little ammo and talk gun stuff with other enthusiasts is my only motives..

Upvote 0

Another example. Member joined today and posted a gun for sale for 35% more than they are selling for new on Gunbroker. No feedback history of course. I think that we are all grown ups on this board and can evaluate these ads and make our decisions whether or not to buy. On the selling side a person can always require buyers to have a minimum amount of positive feedback or place a non refundable $50 deposit.

Upvote 0
This is not limited to just new members. There are a number of folks here who have been members for years and the only posts they make are related to selling something.

It's not a problem in my mind. There are many ways to add value to a site like this, and one of them is offering items for sale. If that's all they want to do so be it. The more items offered here the better for us all.

As far as scammers etc., well they are everywhere. I spend at least a couple of PMs of time before setting up a meeting. That gives me a bit of feeling for the person, but you never know, you can still be stood up or ghosted. Having a bit of conversation helps to eliminate this. If they end up being flakes, that's what the reporting feature and feedback is for.

Oh, by the way ... welcome @JungleGunBunny , glad you found us!

Upvote 0
20 minutes, tops. Unless they text with a credible excuse.

Upvote 0
And this is why I brought it up.
Listen, I know you have to start somewhere and am all about new members coming on board and building the community. But what harm is a 25 post or 30 day wait to post in the classifieds? If the member truely wants to be here then it shouldn't be a problem. Those joining to just gouge or sell stuff can wait or post to prove they are not here just to take advantage of the classifieds.

Not foolproof but a start at least.
And yes we can just scroll by but that kinda defeats the purpose of a small community page.

Again this is just my take in my few years on the board.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads