JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please consider donating once your item has sold I believe it says in the classified section. When I sell something I'll definitely consider doing that. I do respect the donors who contribute to this site though. Thank you jbett98 and the rest of you.:s0155:

+1more!

Originally Posted by Hrethgir
Some people think higher post count = more respect or power or something, I don't know. I'm on another forum where there are several people with 6-digit post counts, just crazy.

I just like to be a smart arse once in awhile and can say things hear that might incite a riot on my Face book account with some of my distant liberal friends and my one nephew that I am SOOOOO disappointed in. Fortunately, my other nephews are good conservative young men, some who have served in the military in those 2 little troublesome countries in the Near East or other laudable organizations.

Oh yeah, I get paid to have an opinion once in awhile so by spouting off for free here I am improving the economy....err, well, at least according to Obamanomics.

Plus I do find this forum entertaining and informative, besides, trolls are funny peculiar critters who make me grin with some of their inane chatter.

Brutus Out

Shouldn't you be sightin something in??? Be safe out there... +1 more post, I'm a post whore don't cha know.... & a boat whore on a fishin forum...

My post count is quite low compared to other members and I find that interesting because many friends and family tell me that I talk too much... I suppose what keeps me from posting sometimes is, " It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". I feel some need to take note of that saying before they start a useless debate like which is better AR15 or AK47.

Maybe some of the new folks are trying to talk to other new folks because they have that in common and can maybe find a shooting buddy. Or maybe this forum is soooo important to their lives that if they don't have a big enough post count their 'friends' won't like them.

My post count is quite low compared to other members and I find that interesting because many friends and family tell me that I talk too much... I suppose what keeps me from posting sometimes is, " It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". I feel some need to take note of that saying before they start a useless debate like which is better AR15 or AK47.

Maybe some of the new folks are trying to talk to other new folks because they have that in common and can maybe find a shooting buddy. Or maybe this forum is soooo important to their lives that if they don't have a big enough post count their 'friends' won't like them.

Yeah, that's it... you peeled us like a grape, you did... now I feel bad, BUT... I love AR's and AK's almost equally, as I own seven different AR's and four different AK's although one AK is an NFA SBR and I also have a .308 Galil (super-Isreali AK in essence) which is like 1.75 AK's by itself, so I guess that actually equalizes things... that is until I get around to SBRing my AR pistol, then I'll have to get another AK (or two)... Damned OCD, now you ALMOST made me feel bad AGAIN, except the pride in my high post count (and the better part of 2,000 "likes" HOLY CRAP), arrogance, and anti-social narcissism has balanced it out... ahhhh, NWFA makes me complete!

;)

Nah, let's jazz it up here.

AR-15 in 9mm, AK-47 in .45 ACP, or an FAL in .500 S&W?

Why is it that some new members fell the need to pad their post counts by countless replies to other new members? Do they want to look like the popular guy at the gun range? Participating on the forum isn't a popularity contest is it? Please share your opinion, I don't get it...

Everybody who's anybody knows that post count means squat.

The only meaningful measure of value is join date.

It's the quality of the content posted, not the volume that matters most.

I think supporting membership is important as well. As far as join date, I agree it can mean something. For instance in my case it pre-dates my move to Oregon by two months. I joined while on the run from the Kaliban. ;)

Donations are reasonable and help the site operate.
It shows people you are serious about yourself joining. Its not required, but there are a thousand gun forums out there.
And anyone that will plunk some cash to support NWFA is ok in my book.

I've plunked down cash, more than once.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads