JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why is it that some new members fell the need to pad their post counts by countless replies to other new members? Do they want to look like the popular guy at the gun range? Participating on the forum isn't a popularity contest is it? Please share your opinion, I don't get it...

Some people think higher post count = more respect or power or something, I don't know. I'm on another forum where there are several people with 6-digit post counts, just crazy.

Why is it that some new members fell the need to pad their post counts by countless replies to other new members? Do they want to look like the popular guy at the gun range? Participating on the forum isn't a popularity contest is it? Please share your opinion, I don't get it...
Hey, it's not against the law to say "howdy" and or tip your hat. Come on.. what are you yammering on about, O post count beggar?

Maybe it is because the new member took the time to introduce themselves to the community and others are simply making sure they feel welcome. Not sure what a post count has to do with anything other than how much that member contributes to discussions and such. I know it must be a novel idea, I did notice your first post was to create an ad in the classifieds the day you joined so I guess I see where your interests lie.

Good Morning Guilty, I'm a newbie myself and have gotten a few replies but am not seeing this occur. Most of the replies are from senior members. I'm sure there are some who are looking to build their "I Love Me" wall of posts but I haven't seen that. Of course maybe I'm looking in the wrong place!

Best

Bob in Gig Harbor

I think a higher post count means you're more active and thus usually contributing as well. There are exceptions based on what people post.

If you're not going to participate then why did you join in the first place. Otherwise why do you care how much others participate anyways.

All of you just sit down, shut up and watch how the big boys do it. ;)

Right!!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top