JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sure have been a lot of new members lately. I'm all for more people joining the forum, but I question if some are simply doing so to try and sell what they have at inflated prices. Or better yet, are longstanding members creating new accounts because they are embarrassed about the prices they are asking?

Case in point: Someone joined yesterday and promptly listed a Gen 4 Glock 19 for $900. Not a great start to being a contributing member on the forum.

Anyways, I'm all for selling at market rates and definitely wouldn't want to sell too cheap so someone can "flip" it for a profit. But just thought I'd see if anyone else has similar thoughts?

Or better yet, are longstanding members creating new accounts because they are embarrassed about the prices they are asking?

I have not but have been temped, why sell at old prices just because some are having a tizzy about make ups, prices are always supply and demand, its the price it would cost for me to sell, not what i paid. For me im just not not sure i want to let anything go, but if i do it will b under a new account so i dont have to hear the flames from 1/2 the members that think they should only have to pay old prices because they didnt stock for themselves..

i'm sure most of the newbies and established members

If I got me a boob job and some new fancy lipstick I'd probably charge an extra $5 per trick.. never know, since I'm a dude and not a whore. Glocks suck anyways

Sure have been a lot of new members lately. I'm all for more people joining the forum, but I question if some are simply doing so to try and sell what they have at inflated prices. Or better yet, are longstanding members creating new accounts because they are embarrassed about the prices they are asking?

Case in point: Someone joined yesterday and promptly listed a Gen 4 Glock 19 for $900. Not a great start to being a contributing member on the forum.

Anyways, I'm all for selling at market rates and definitely wouldn't want to sell too cheap so someone can "flip" it for a profit. But just thought I'd see if anyone else has similar thoughts?

I don't see anything wrong with what people are doing. Coincidentally, I have a Hi-Point 9mm for $750 if anyone is interested.

If I got me a boob job and some new fancy lipstick I'd probably charge an extra $5 per trick
info-meter.png

It is a free market, and there is current upward demand in the market due to various factors. I don't like it but I am not there to say they cannot do it. I simply walk away with my $ and look for a different opportunity.

Peter

It is a free market, and there is current upward demand in the market due to various factors. I don't like it but I am not there to say they cannot do it. I simply walk away with my $ and look for a different opportunity.

Peter

Yeah, I dont get all the indignation. You can have a free market or a controlled market. An event comes along and upsets the apple cart, and well, a new price/exchange value is established.

If the price drops instead of going up, how many would be a 'stand up' buyer and pay more than the 'current' value?

I guess I am more interested in the idea that current members may be changing to a different user ID to sell stuff at some of the prices I've seen.

I've actually seen an item for sale under a noob id and then a day later same ad under a longer standing user id. Opps...user probably forgot which userid they were supposed to be using.

For trade - my like new FN 5.7 pistol w/ red dot, 30-round mags and threaded barrel for your new Corvette. LOL

I got a warning for adding my 2 cents in on one of those,

"No such thing as price gouging on a non life essential item. I would like to see you do a video on "gouging"."

My response

Actually in WWII the federal government set up a hotline to report all price gougers. They would be heavily fined and lose the right to operate the business if reported. In more modern history it was implemented after Katrina, and Sandy. The issue with this is a state of emergency needs to be declared before the parties can be reported. Current fine is $50,000 for anything item marked up more then 10% while in a state of emergency.
Now if we could declare that lack of ammo has put us in a dangerous position where we are vulnerable to attack....Any way it's all a dream. I saw it in 89 it will level out when the panic buy ends. At that time SKS new ran about $99 they were selling for $600 shortly after. 6 months later they settled at around $200 and stayed at that price.

Dear n0xious,

You have received a warning at Northwest Firearms Community.

Reason:
-------
Follow these specific classified rules.

Please review the forum rules.

Rule 14•1. No threadcrapping
If you dislike like something about the ad, ignore it. If you spot blatant misrepresentation, an illegal ad, etc. please notify a moderator.

To "deadeye"
I disagree that i was "Thread crapping"
I made no mention of the members product or his price. I merely added to the discussion about "Price gouging" in a general sense. If he chose to take that as a ding against his post maybe he should look deeper at his own feelings regarding the issue.
I would like to refer you to this article for some deeper insight on the subject. How to See Yourself As Others See You: 6 steps (with pictures)

This is the second time I have received a warning for making a valid statement. I agree that some people in the thread were indeed being accusatory, I however was not.
I guess in these times while our second amendment is being threatened it is just as easy to attack the first.

to me

I think you are missing the point that the thread was in fact a classified ad and not a discussion thread. You need to look at it as what would you think if a similar discussion occured in an ad you had posted and none of the posts actually pertained to the sale of your item.

To "Deadeye"

If this discussion occurred on an add I had posted...

I would have to consider that I upset my pier group by asking an outrageous price for the Item I had to sell. I would be forced to consider my actions and question if i was indeed taking advantage of a situation. Further more I would have to come to terms with the fact that i upset my pier group, and should make an honest statement about my intentions.

I assume you would do the same. It would be the logical course of action, don't you agree?

No further response.

I want a red corvette. My FN comes with that plastic box + a thread protector. If you deliver the Corvette (must be 2012 or newer with less than 1000 miles) I will throw in a box of T6 5.7 ammo. You can't get that ammo anymore so it must be worth about $500.

Noxious -

You've got to have more of a sense of humor about all this. When I see a Scar for $5k or a 5.7 pistol for $3k, an LCP for $550 - I am entertained, not mad. I don't get worked up that someone is asking a nutty price, who cares?

Plus. sometimes it is really hard to determine the real market value of something. So it might make sense to ask a (reasonably) high price at first to sniff things out and then bring the price down. Nothing is worse than listing something for $1000 and getting five immediate
"I'll take" its later to find out the item was worth $2000.

"No such thing as price gouging on a non life essential item. I would like to see you do a video on "gouging"."

My response

Actually in WWII the federal government set up a hotline to report all price gougers. They would be heavily fined and lose the right to operate the business if reported. In more modern history it was implemented after Katrina, and Sandy. The issue with this is a state of emergency needs to be declared before the parties can be reported. Current fine is $50,000 for anything item marked up more then 10% while in a state of emergency.
Now if we could declare that lack of ammo has put us in a dangerous position where we are vulnerable to attack....Any way it's all a dream. I saw it in 89 it will level out when the panic buy ends. At that time SKS new ran about $99 they were selling for $600 shortly after. 6 months later they settled at around $200 and stayed at that price.

Dear n0xious,

You have received a warning at Northwest Firearms Community.

Reason:
-------
Follow these specific classified rules.

Please review the forum rules.

Rule 14•1. No threadcrapping
If you dislike like something about the ad, ignore it. If you spot blatant misrepresentation, an illegal ad, etc. please notify a moderator.

To "deadeye"
I disagree that i was "Thread crapping"
I made no mention of the members product or his price. I merely added to the discussion about "Price gouging" in a general sense. If he chose to take that as a ding against his post maybe he should look deeper at his own feelings regarding the issue.
I would like to refer you to this article for some deeper insight on the subject. How to See Yourself As Others See You: 6 steps (with pictures)

This is the second time I have received a warning for making a valid statement. I agree that some people in the thread were indeed being accusatory, I however was not.
I guess in these times while our second amendment is being threatened it is just as easy to attack the first.

to me

I think you are missing the point that the thread was in fact a classified ad and not a discussion thread. You need to look at it as what would you think if a similar discussion occured in an ad you had posted and none of the posts actually pertained to the sale of your item.

To "Deadeye"

If this discussion occurred on an add I had posted...

I would have to consider that I upset my pier group by asking an outrageous price for the Item I had to sell. I would be forced to consider my actions and question if i was indeed taking advantage of a situation. Further more I would have to come to terms with the fact that i upset my pier group, and should make an honest statement about my intentions.

I assume you would do the same. It would be the logical course of action, don't you agree?

No further response.

And I thought I was the only one he disliked........

I'm suprised you haven't had another one for this post

<broken link removed>

15. Do not discuss infractions or problems with moderators in the open forum.

All staff members are accountable to the site owner, Joey Link. Joey Link is accountable to you, the members of this site. If you have a problem with an infraction or a moderator, please send him a private message and he'll review the situation.

I have one round of Norma .220 Swift. That has to be ultra rare. I want to trade it for four brand new Glocks. Only multi-gun trades need apply...

I have been liberally applying the ignore button to many new members. Only see a few ignored posts in any areas other than forums...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top