JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Is it possible to require either time or certain number of posts before posting in the classifieds section?
Seems the quality of new members is based mostly on coming here only to take advantage of the current panic.

Most don't read thr rules, many don't reply to questions etc.

Just a thought

TBT, that was my concern
I was concerned about retaliation as well but have decided if I can document the flagrant failure of the other party to hold up their end of a deal, that I am going to leave negative feedback. This is especially important with new members who don't follow through with agreed up on deal. The feedback system will be made less effective if it is not used to highlight dealings good or bad. It would lead to a comparable effectiveness of reviews from those companies who don't let negative reviews through on their products. I will only leave a negative review if the other party clearly failed to live up to their part in a deal and I can substantiate it. If the other party leaves retaliatory and unsubstantiated feedback that will be more reasons for members not to deal with them.

Upvote 0
I've given a few newbs on here their first feedback and luckily haven't been burned yet; several of these sales have been through electronic payment and shipping. That being said I've also had new members post directly in an ad and then are never seen again. Or post an ad but never respond to it. I'm not sure if we can actually weed out the bubblegums; new or long time members alike.

Upvote 0
I personally just started posting things for sale and rarely post. Been a member since 2018 have 1 feedback but its positive and a couple other sales and buys ive made with positive just no feedback associated. I mostly enjoy just lurking and reading on here so to have a post minimum in order to sell would stink for guys like me :/

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads