JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all!

New member here from Portland! I mostly build cars and motorcycles, but am getting my first rifle this week and wanted to join y'all to get ideas of where to go shooting in the area and how to care for the gun etc.

So ... I won't be super helpful with any gun questions, but am here to help if anybody has questions about motorcycles or cars!

Pretty sure I'm picking up a Mosin Nagant with an original Russian pu scope (probably not a matching numbers sniper variant) for $800. It seems like a good investment for a gun that will be fun and affordable to shoot, but if that's a stupid purchase I'd love to know. My buddy has an Enfield Mk1 that is a blast, but the rounds cost enough that I always feel like I'm literally throwing money down range, so I'm hoping this combines that with ammo that makes shooting it more guilt-free

Welcome to NWFA. :)

Not my place to suggest what you'll be happy with, but so long as YOU are happy with it, that is all that counts.

:s0155:

Welcome aboard! Interesting to see a first time rifle owner going with a classic. Have fun with it! Its a terrible addiction, you will be on the look out for a 2nd purchase soon enough...

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Hahaha thanks all!! I've been debating between this rifle and the cz527 carbine as both solid guns that should hold their value and be affordable to shoot. I bought a gorgeous 20ga sxs from Cabela's a couple years ago and just didn't use it and ended up getting hosed selling it back to them 5 years later.

I'm doing my best to avoid that this time, and seems like the Mosin with the PU scope is going to be going significantly below $800 at any point in the foreseeable future, but definitely let me know if I'm walking into a similar situation here

Organized clean ups sound awesome. Definitely interested in leaving things better than I found them.

I did stay at a great cabin a month ago with the friend with the Enfield and the owner had a ton of property and let us go out shooting on it, so I'll probably try to stay there again. Also a fun range up at Pearrygin lake and some backwoods shooting by Salmon Le Sac

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top