Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mipjohn, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mipjohn

mipjohn East county PDX New Member

hello I like to hunt, ski, build things out of wood, shoot and play with my grandkids. I'm not the best of hunters but not from the lack of trying. I do like long walks in the woods though. Which is what most of my hunting consists of.

2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard...

3. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome!

4. 1200bruce

1200bruce Port Angeles WA Active Member

Welcome to the board!

5. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

mipjohn - Welcome to NWF. Just a tip about walking in the woods and hunting and this might not be your cup of tee but - Over the years I have found animals like to be around water so once the leaves start to fall, I like to find those damp seepage's usually about midway up the mountain and in a crevasse. If it is still the dry season everything will be green there. From a distance, sit down and maybe later have your lunch, but keep a watchful eye [Using Your Binoculars] try to see the ground around the area for game. Look for signs of a trail then follow it. If you remain patience and skilfully hidden, should you see a doe usually within a few minutes, days or weeks a grand buck will show himself to you.
    Silver Hand