JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I joined because i was asking a friend of mine about some guns I inherited from my Dad that i may be looking to sell at some point.

I have a few basic questions about selling firearms in general, concern for what happens if the buyer goes out and does something stupid with what used to be my weapons... I have a shotgun and a rifle I am considering selling, no hand guns, if that makes a difference.

Also- I am trying to figure out the forums, etc and will continue to do so, but I have heard about a 'classified' area to sell on, not finding it. So if someone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Welcome! Get a few more posts under your belt or PM Joe Link.

On a side note, I sold my Grandfathers Winchester Model 1897 12 Ga. pump to buy SCUBA equipment. I wish I never had!! It was a family heirloom and I regret having sold it every time I look into the safe and see the other two my Father owned that I managed to hold on to.

Your guns, your call...

I joined because i was asking a friend of mine about some guns I inherited from my Dad that i may be looking to sell at some point.

I have a few basic questions about selling firearms in general, concern for what happens if the buyer goes out and does something stupid with what used to be my weapons... I have a shotgun and a rifle I am considering selling, no hand guns, if that makes a difference.

Also- I am trying to figure out the forums, etc and will continue to do so, but I have heard about a 'classified' area to sell on, not finding it. So if someone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

If you sell a firearm to someone you can write up a bill of sale which indicates the day of sale and item that was sold. This legally protects you from that date going forward and it has proof that you no longer own the firearm. **The type of firearm doesn't really matter**. Same thing with selling a car. If you're feeling super uneasy about a transaction then take it to an FFL and have them do the transfer/sale for you where a background check is done on the buyer.

**just to clarify before i get hit with hate mail. I am assuming you're not selling any class 3 weapons such as short barrell shotty/rifles, automatic action, something with a silencer, etc. Also you can only do face to face private sale to someone in the same state as you who's legally allowed to own firearms. There's plenty info to be found on the legality of buying/selling in the stickies of the classfieds as well**
As for the classified section you can find it here:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum.php#classifieds

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews