JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New member to NW Firearms. Been a longtime member of FAL files, ARFcom, and a couple other surplus rifle forums. Looking forward to new info and networking in a forum based on my area as opposed to national.

About me: Retired Oregon National Guard with 4.5 years active Army also. Was on the Guard rifle team for three years and went distinguished in 2003.

I love Milsurp rifles. My CMP Garand is my pride and joy, she's a Danish VAR barreled mixmaster with Sprinfield, Winchester, H&R, and Beretta parts. She shoots like a dream. Not worth spit to a collector but I don't buy safe queens.

My next favorite is my 1903A3 from the CMP. It amazes me that a wartime production rifle can have an action so butter smooth. Another really good shooter and unlike most Greek return CMP 03A3's, it was in unfired condition after being arsenal reconditioned and re-barrelled.

My next project needs an already sporterized 1917 Enfield in 30.06 I want to have a high end safari style rifle built on one of these that has already been altered and doesn't have any collector value. I wouldn't dream of messing up an original condition 1917. If you have an old "Ted Williams" model 1917 from Sears, that would be perfect. Let me know.

Cheers.

Darren

Getting a CMP rifle isn't hard, all you have to do is join a state shooting org that's CMP approved (you should be already) and go shoot a Garand match. Many clubs have loaner rifles and scopes. I shot my first match at Albany Gun club in OR and they couldn't have been more helpful. They squadded me with an experienced shooter and he let me use his spotting scope and shooting mat. Most clubs have an intro to High Power Rifle shooting sometime in the early Spring also. This gives you time to sight in your own match AR-15 or club loaner. Any CMP match of 50 rounds (if I remember correctly) with state affiliation and clean background check qualifies you to buy a CMP rifle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top