JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just joined after buying my Citori and looking for some good advice. I've hunted big game since a kid, then got into hand guns, now trap shooting as a hobby. Currently shooting at Vancouver trap club but want to step my game up. Your thoughts/comments are appreciated!

Beware! I know how this goes. First you start shooting one day/night a week at a club. Then you go to other nearby clubs to shoot when your club is closed. Then come the League Shoots followed by PITA matches. Then comes the traveling to out of state matches.

You start reloading on a MEC Jr to cut costs. Next you end up with either a Ponsness- Warren or Pacific 366 (now Hornady) progressive to keep up. Your den has two large fiberboard drums filled with "hulls" and bags of shot are stacked like sandbags. You have an old refrigerator in the garage with a couple of 12# "cans' of powder and the cupboard has cases of primers.

You end up shooting practice on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with the weekends taking up your time at matches. Tuesday and Thursday are for reloading.

You drive around town while on your job and your right hand is practicing trigger motions.

Yes, I know about the addiction part. I now don't even own a shotgun. I was able to "rehab" my shotgun addiction but I'm starting to get a little worried about my Rifle/Pistol shooting. Just finished 5,000 rounds of 9mm for two pistols and another 7500 rounds of .223 for three AR-15's. Also am working on loading 1,000 rounds of .308 for my bolt action. This should carry me until fall.

Good thing I'm now retired or I'd have to find a 12-step program real soon.

Yes, Shooting, for some, is the new addiction and I love it. Lucky for me, my wife actually doesn't mind.

welcome to NWF ! ya..... "deadshot2" pretty much nailed it ! shhhh.... about the "addiction" we don't want to start something ! i still tell my wife it's protection !!! LOL ! i'm already in 2 twelve step programs ,and i don't have time for a third ! LOL ! look around a bit,and enjoy !!

steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top