JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heyo all,
I am from the wonderful land of liberalism and complete understanding of firearms and their purpose! My entire world is surrounded by folks who ask me if I have a permit for wearing my fixed blade knife on my side! It's truely wonderful and I would never change it for anything, I love hearing toothpaste-colored-hair-ambiguous-gender-nosering tell me exactly in every single way I messed up for being white and enjoying my rights.

Sorry Hi all, I'm a polyglot in training, at this moment I have Latin, and French (barely) as languages I understand besides English of course. I have been a gun lover since before I can remember though I came from the same stock that breeds anti-gun sentiment, it seems I'm the only one that made it out with a lick of sense. I do Historic European Martial Arts (i.e Longsword fencing) with my friends and a few of the local groups, archery when I can, and I am currently attempting to amass some firearms besides the shotgun I bought in an act of defiance towards my parents at 18. I believe that everyone should have a right to be a gentleman and that entails being able to defend ones self, you never saw a 16th century man without his rapier, why should I be without mine?

Anyway thanks for listening I am glad to be a part of this forum, hit me up if you're in Portland, I would love to teach you guys how to fence with the most deadly and effective implement of war in all of history besides the bow and spear.

Edit: Here are my longswords, I have done rapier fighting, epee, military saber (not Olympic saber yet unfortunately), singlestick, and foil I far prefer longsword as the combat is very dynamic and involves all aspects of the body and mind. We wrestle when distance is closed and we wear a lot of protective gear because, though our blades are dull and flexible compared to the real thing, a steel sword point in the ribs without a lot of padding will probably crack them. I also own a Gladius that was built for the purpose, except out of steel instead of bronze/iron (which, based on the shape of the blade, is what it would have been made out of if it were a true Roman gladius.) That's my only sharp blade mostly for fun but it does make for a good machete when I need one.

swords.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm from there Gog! I am from Medford originally, moved up to Portland about 3 years ago. Someday I hope it really will be a state, it might have honestly happened if not for WW2.

You sound well rounded and I would love to see fencing with a Longsword. We will be glad to help fill in the more modern weapons before it is too late. Welcome to the 2nd Amendment support group.

Sounds like you are practicing Sabre, though I have heard there is a resurgence in broadsword. My kids learned Epee, Foil and Sabre. Definitely, "an elegant weapon for a more civilized time"

Welcome to NWFA. Glad you found the forum.

Welcome! My kid does fencing to the tune of $200/month. At least she's really good at it, which is pretty cool. Her instructors keep trying to get me to join. I keep telling them, "never bring a pointy stick to a gun fight".

Heyo all,
I am from the wonderful land of liberalism and complete understanding of firearms and their purpose! My entire world is surrounded by folks who ask me if I have a permit for wearing my fixed blade knife on my side! It's truely wonderful and I would never change it for anything, I love hearing toothpaste-colored-hair-ambiguous-gender-nosering tell me exactly in every single way I messed up for being white and enjoying my rights.

Sorry Hi all, I'm a polyglot in training, at this moment I have Latin, and French (barely) as languages I understand besides English of course. I have been a gun lover since before I can remember though I came from the same stock that breeds anti-gun sentiment, it seems I'm the only one that made it out with a lick of sense. I do Historic European Martial Arts (i.e Longsword fencing) with my friends and a few of the local groups, archery when I can, and I am currently attempting to amass some firearms besides the shotgun I bought in an act of defiance towards my parents at 18. I believe that everyone should have a right to be a gentleman and that entails being able to defend ones self, you never saw a 16th century man without his rapier, why should I be without mine?

Anyway thanks for listening I am glad to be a part of this forum, hit me up if you're in Portland, I would love to teach you guys how to fence with the most deadly and effective implement of war in all of history besides the bow and spear.

Edit: Here are my longswords, I have done rapier fighting, epee, military saber (not Olympic saber yet unfortunately), singlestick, and foil I far prefer longsword as the combat is very dynamic and involves all aspects of the body and mind. We wrestle when distance is closed and we wear a lot of protective gear because, though our blades are dull and flexible compared to the real thing, a steel sword point in the ribs without a lot of padding will probably crack them. I also own a Gladius that was built for the purpose, except out of steel instead of bronze/iron (which, based on the shape of the blade, is what it would have been made out of if it were a true Roman gladius.) That's my only sharp blade mostly for fun but it does make for a good machete when I need one.

View attachment 567458

Welcome

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews