JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heyo all,
I am from the wonderful land of liberalism and complete understanding of firearms and their purpose! My entire world is surrounded by folks who ask me if I have a permit for wearing my fixed blade knife on my side! It's truely wonderful and I would never change it for anything, I love hearing toothpaste-colored-hair-ambiguous-gender-nosering tell me exactly in every single way I messed up for being white and enjoying my rights.

Sorry Hi all, I'm a polyglot in training, at this moment I have Latin, and French (barely) as languages I understand besides English of course. I have been a gun lover since before I can remember though I came from the same stock that breeds anti-gun sentiment, it seems I'm the only one that made it out with a lick of sense. I do Historic European Martial Arts (i.e Longsword fencing) with my friends and a few of the local groups, archery when I can, and I am currently attempting to amass some firearms besides the shotgun I bought in an act of defiance towards my parents at 18. I believe that everyone should have a right to be a gentleman and that entails being able to defend ones self, you never saw a 16th century man without his rapier, why should I be without mine?

Anyway thanks for listening I am glad to be a part of this forum, hit me up if you're in Portland, I would love to teach you guys how to fence with the most deadly and effective implement of war in all of history besides the bow and spear.

Edit: Here are my longswords, I have done rapier fighting, epee, military saber (not Olympic saber yet unfortunately), singlestick, and foil I far prefer longsword as the combat is very dynamic and involves all aspects of the body and mind. We wrestle when distance is closed and we wear a lot of protective gear because, though our blades are dull and flexible compared to the real thing, a steel sword point in the ribs without a lot of padding will probably crack them. I also own a Gladius that was built for the purpose, except out of steel instead of bronze/iron (which, based on the shape of the blade, is what it would have been made out of if it were a true Roman gladius.) That's my only sharp blade mostly for fun but it does make for a good machete when I need one.

swords.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm from there Gog! I am from Medford originally, moved up to Portland about 3 years ago. Someday I hope it really will be a state, it might have honestly happened if not for WW2.

You sound well rounded and I would love to see fencing with a Longsword. We will be glad to help fill in the more modern weapons before it is too late. Welcome to the 2nd Amendment support group.

Sounds like you are practicing Sabre, though I have heard there is a resurgence in broadsword. My kids learned Epee, Foil and Sabre. Definitely, "an elegant weapon for a more civilized time"

Welcome to NWFA. Glad you found the forum.

Welcome! My kid does fencing to the tune of $200/month. At least she's really good at it, which is pretty cool. Her instructors keep trying to get me to join. I keep telling them, "never bring a pointy stick to a gun fight".

Heyo all,
I am from the wonderful land of liberalism and complete understanding of firearms and their purpose! My entire world is surrounded by folks who ask me if I have a permit for wearing my fixed blade knife on my side! It's truely wonderful and I would never change it for anything, I love hearing toothpaste-colored-hair-ambiguous-gender-nosering tell me exactly in every single way I messed up for being white and enjoying my rights.

Sorry Hi all, I'm a polyglot in training, at this moment I have Latin, and French (barely) as languages I understand besides English of course. I have been a gun lover since before I can remember though I came from the same stock that breeds anti-gun sentiment, it seems I'm the only one that made it out with a lick of sense. I do Historic European Martial Arts (i.e Longsword fencing) with my friends and a few of the local groups, archery when I can, and I am currently attempting to amass some firearms besides the shotgun I bought in an act of defiance towards my parents at 18. I believe that everyone should have a right to be a gentleman and that entails being able to defend ones self, you never saw a 16th century man without his rapier, why should I be without mine?

Anyway thanks for listening I am glad to be a part of this forum, hit me up if you're in Portland, I would love to teach you guys how to fence with the most deadly and effective implement of war in all of history besides the bow and spear.

Edit: Here are my longswords, I have done rapier fighting, epee, military saber (not Olympic saber yet unfortunately), singlestick, and foil I far prefer longsword as the combat is very dynamic and involves all aspects of the body and mind. We wrestle when distance is closed and we wear a lot of protective gear because, though our blades are dull and flexible compared to the real thing, a steel sword point in the ribs without a lot of padding will probably crack them. I also own a Gladius that was built for the purpose, except out of steel instead of bronze/iron (which, based on the shape of the blade, is what it would have been made out of if it were a true Roman gladius.) That's my only sharp blade mostly for fun but it does make for a good machete when I need one.

View attachment 567458

Welcome

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top