JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy y'all,

So happy to find this awesome forum.
I have been looking for a Long Shooting Range (500+ yrd) that does not need pricy memberships like TCGC, DRRC etc. I live in Hillsboro and am willing to drive up to 1hr.
Really appreciate it if you know a place I can shoot 500+ yrd, either on public land, or a stop-and-shoot type of range with a reasonable fee.
I am a very responsible shooter and promise I won't mess up your secret shooting spot if you let me know about it :);)

=

Last Edited:
You can shoot a match at DRRC or TCGC without being a member. TCGC has electronic targets on there
600 yard range. DRRC is working on it. They have a covered shooting line. You can shoot prone or from a
bench. TCGC shot marker target system reads bullet velocity at the target! You can learn a lot from other
more experienced and skilled shooters.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

2gqcgt.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Welcome!

500 yards plus can be readily and safely done within Tillamook State Forest. Be safe, have a good backstop and have fun!

Welcome!

500 yards plus can be readily and safely done within Tillamook State Forest. Be safe, have a good backstop and have fun!
Thanks, Reno. A guy I met once at the North Fork told me there is a nice place he has set up west of Scappoose with steel targets and everything but he didn't have the exact coordinates. So I tried scouting the area for an entire day to find the place he was addressing, but no luck.
Do you have a specific area in mind in Tillamook SP to narrow down my search a little bit?

Thanks, Reno. A guy I met once at the North Fork told me there is a nice place he has set up west of Scappoose with steel targets and everything but he didn't have the exact coordinates. So I tried scouting the area for an entire day to find the place he was addressing, but no luck.
Do you have a specific area in mind in Tillamook SP to narrow down my search a little bit?
There are places out there. Just need to scout them out. If you spend a day with a good map and plot around, you'll likely find 1-4 places. If you go over to the Wolf Creek thread here, I give out details to one spot north of the shooting lanes that has approximately 450 yards.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top