Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New member in Battleground area

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dennisf, Feb 15, 2009.

1. dennisf

dennisf Battleground, Wa Member

I responded to a new member Vancouver thread and then thought to go thru the newguy introduction route also.
    I am now retired, USMC 65-67, and have the greatest respect and loyalty to the past and present young people in the "warrior business". I retired from commercial construction a couple of years ago.
    I have great reverence for all of those who had the courage to serve and those that do.
    I am involved with shooting and reloading as a recently revived hobby now that I have time. I shoot at Clark Rifle and enjoy the fact that the club has an excellent safety record. I hope to take my wife up to the facility tomorrow and get her re-associated with shooting. If for no other reason, so I can buy more stuff.
    I do wood work and find things to do to keep busy. I plan to get the boat out more often this next year. Beautiful Boulton sits there collecting dust. When I live in "Felony Flats" (southeast Portland), I fished almost every weekend for smallies. I haven't found the spot up here yet. Still looking. Looking forward to new friends and new adventures.

2. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome! look's like we may have been in country around the same time. 66-67 marble mountain Danang 1st marines. swoop

3. dennisf

dennisf Battleground, Wa Member

I was in country from June of 66 to June of 67. I went over with the engineers battalion and transfered out to Fox 2/11 and lived with the cannoncockers. When I deros'dd we had just moved north to the Tamky area.

4. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

Welcome from Ridgefield! Thanks for your service.

5. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

Mmmmm.... Fishing..... A blisfull pasttime that I don't enjoy as much as I should.
    Something about the calm that I didn't appreciate quite as much when I was younger.

I only ever seem to fish in Montana though. I lose the cell and disappear for the better part of two weeks...