1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

new member! gun owner! need info on safety course!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bikerdude28, Mar 10, 2013.

1. bikerdude28

bikerdude28 Wenatchee New Member

Hello, I am curious if the Washington firearm safety course it's the only course someone can take. I will be enrolling for this course soon for the next opening. But would like to know if there is a more extensive training course to be had? If someone can inform me of a more personalized way to better train myself either for field training or maybe even a special tactics kind of education I would appreciate it.

2. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

let's see, don't look down the barrel to check loaded status, have a hippie or an anti gunner do that for you. Never point a gun at anything you don't want to put a hole in.

seriously, learn your firearm, learn how to shoot. Then worry about "tactics". Training yourself is probably not the brightest thing to attempt.

join a club or a range, take an NRA course (they have a website, go figure), lots of guys out there with a lot of credentials. Easy to find an egomaniacal idiot, a little harder to find a mentor.