Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

new member! gun owner! need info on safety course!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bikerdude28, Mar 10, 2013.

1. bikerdude28

bikerdude28 Wenatchee New Member

Hello, I am curious if the Washington firearm safety course it's the only course someone can take. I will be enrolling for this course soon for the next opening. But would like to know if there is a more extensive training course to be had? If someone can inform me of a more personalized way to better train myself either for field training or maybe even a special tactics kind of education I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Bikerdude0507@gmail.com

2. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

let's see, don't look down the barrel to check loaded status, have a hippie or an anti gunner do that for you. Never point a gun at anything you don't want to put a hole in.

seriously, learn your firearm, learn how to shoot. Then worry about "tactics". Training yourself is probably not the brightest thing to attempt.

join a club or a range, take an NRA course (they have a website, go figure), lots of guys out there with a lot of credentials. Easy to find an egomaniacal idiot, a little harder to find a mentor.