JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,
Kinda new to these types of forums, so hoping I don't break any rules. Anyway I am here because I inherited some firearms and was looking for assistance to sell them. It seemed like the local classifieds here would work well because the transaction can be face to face at an FFL. I have yet to figure out how a regular Joe (not FFL) can send a firearm legally. So here I am to sell and learn to do so without getting arrested. :)

Hi All,
Kinda new to these types of forums, so hoping I don't break any rules. Anyway I am here because I inherited some firearms and was looking for assistance to sell them. It seemed like the local classifieds here would work well because the transaction can be face to face at an FFL. I have yet to figure out how a regular Joe (not FFL) can send a firearm legally. So here I am to sell and learn to do so without getting arrested. :)

You've come to the right place! Head over and check out the rules (Community Rules) and then check out the classifieds (Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners) to get an idea of the worth (value) of what you're trying to sell. I'm sure you'll find lots of folks here that would be willing to purchase yer guns, myself included! To be all legal-beagle though an FFL is required, so finding one near you would be a good step once you have an interested buyer - or if you're lucky one from this group will contact you directly!

Welcome. FFLs can ship through the USPS at a low rate. Individuals cannot use the postal service and have to pay a big price to ship through carriers like UPS or FedEx. It is simply easier to use your local FFL to pack and ship your firearm to another FFL. The hard part is finding the FFL near you that offers the best service for the lowest rate.;)

Unlicensed individuals can mail long guns (shotguns and rifles) through USPS. Unlicensed individuals cannot mail handguns (including frames) through USPS. Many post offices don't know their own regulations so take printed page from Postal manual with you.

Try shipmygun.com for good FedEx rates.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR