JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All

New member here from Portland OR. I'm new to the site as well as the gun community. Grew up with friends and family that had guns for sport/protection but figured it was time I get my own and educate myself.
Mostly here for resources and classifieds but if you have any advice for someone new to the community, my eyes and ears are open.

thanks!
-
Nick

Hi there, Nick33 - tac over here in East Anglia, quite a way away. Nevertheless, for the last umpteen years we have been coming over to Oregon most every year, and have a number of good and close friends there from top [Portland/Tigard] all the way down to Port Orford, with stops along the way. You'll get a lot of help here from the other members. most of which will be useful. ;)

We are, for the most part, a pretty friendly lot, although occasionally we see things from a different perspective - unsurprising, given the cultural differences that exist between us. However, I DO make a genuine effort to accommodate all opinions, even to the point of making sure that my use of English is in accord with the general consensus. I have been known to help folks out with other languages where needed - I'm a polyglot [something like a cross between a young frog and somebody who's always hungry] - you'll get used to me murdering English. :)

Welcome!

Hi there, Nick33 - tac over here in East Anglia, quite a way away. Nevertheless, for the last umpteen years we have been coming over to Oregon most every year, and have a number of good and close friends there from top [Portland/Tigard] all the way down to Port Orford, with stops along the way. You'll get a lot of help here from the other members. most of which will be useful. ;)

We are, for the most part, a pretty friendly lot, although occasionally we see things from a different perspective - unsurprising, given the cultural differences that exist between us. However, I DO make a genuine effort to accommodate all opinions, even to the point of making sure that my use of English is in accord with the general consensus. I have been known to help folks out with other languages where needed - I'm a polyglot [something like a cross between a young frog and somebody who's always hungry] - you'll get used to me murdering English. :)

Welcome!

Welcome!
Thanks for the warm welcome! So cool to have a global community on here.
Your english seems pretty perfect to me haha

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.
[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.
[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Oh this is awesome. Thank you for sharing! Definitely going to have to partake in this. Public Lands are our hidden treasure.

Welcome to the club Nick. Glad you found us...

Your english seems pretty perfect to me haha
I'd be the first to admit that some of my English usage could be improverated. ;)

Wasn't English invented in your neck of the woods @tac ? Otherwise they'd call it something else I'd think. Perhaps us 'Mericans talking "English" is cultural appropriation....and should be canceled? I digress...

Nick, welcome! As a fellow Portlander, keep telling your story to the city Commissioners and our State Representatives. Its an uphill battle but we can't give up.

Wasn't English invented in your neck of the woods @tac ? Otherwise they'd call it something else I'd think. Perhaps us 'Mericans talking "English" is cultural appropriation....and should be canceled? I digress...

Certainly, English, as spoken these days, is an English concoction, but it's not the language heard by the Romans. That, Sir, was Welsh/Cymraeg, still widely spoken by a significant population on Wales, and taught in schools as a second language, and, in the school I went to as a child, as a first language.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top