Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New member from Portland, Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lupine, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Lupine

Lupine Oregon New Member

Hi, all!

I just signed up, having been out of the "gun board" loop for several years. I've decided I want to stay abreast of current news that affects us, as well as any activism. I've been a recovering "anti" (anti by default--gimme a break, I lived in the SF Bay Area most of my life) since 2002, and a CHL holder since 2003. I hunt often, fish (well, not as much as I'd like) and plink. Lately, I've felt like I've been tilting windmills in the sense of being a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment in a city where most of my friends are gravitating toward the Feinstein approach to gun control in the wake of the horrible CT and Clackamas, OR tragedies.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts, and wanted to note that I'm thrilled about the Outdoor Area cleanup project sponsored by this site. I was at Brown's Camp a few weeks ago, and am proud to say I hauled back a couple full bags of trash and shells. Overall, that place looks better than it has in a long time, and I'm guessing the members here have something to do with it, so....THANKS!

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Don't worry about feeling like you're fighting windmills. I get annoyed talking with some people who are convinced banning guns will fix everything especially when they say they support the 2md amendment. This is common.

Your odds of running into a fellow firearms enthusiast is higher in Portland than the bay area from my experience.

3. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Lupine.

4. Dbass

Dbass Portland New Member

Glad to hear of another 'good guy with a gun' in portland! ;)

5. Lupine

Lupine Oregon New Member

Thanks for the welcome! Dbass...I should note...."I'm a 'good girl'," though that depends entirely upon to whom you're talking. :)

6. Dbass

Dbass Portland New Member

Ha! Even better! ;)
    Welcome to the forum

7. Widerstand

Widerstand Portland rebmeM roineS

Good to see another guy from Portland on the forum! :thumbup: