JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Has any consideration been given to restrict classified ad posting to new members? I have seen an
onslaught of ads recently posted by folks who literally have zero previous posts. It seems to me that NWF should be a place where firearm owners come to share/exchange information. Allowing new members to sign up with the sole purpose of unloading their items seems somewhat counter-productive. It's also a disservice to existing members because they have no idea who they are potentially dealing with. Just my two ¢.

I am sure through the years this topic has been beat to death but my two cents ...... for the good of the forum, why not allow non-Supporting members a limited number of classified ads say 3-5.
After that number has been met, they would have to become a supporting member to continue running ads in the classifieds.
I am sure Joe wants this site to be open to all to use but when I see members with a large number of feedback from sales I don't understand why they would not want to contribute. :s0013:

Upvote 0
Has any consideration been given to restrict classified ad posting to new members? I have seen an
onslaught of ads recently posted by folks who literally have zero previous posts. It seems to me that NWF should be a place where firearm owners come to share/exchange information. Allowing new members to sign up with the sole purpose of unloading their items seems somewhat counter-productive. It's also a disservice to existing members because they have no idea who they are potentially dealing with. Just my two ¢.
Should there be a minimum post count to use classifieds?

Upvote 0

This topic has certainly been discussed many times over the years. In the end it comes down to the fact that I started Northwest Firearms to be a free resource for all gun owners. While we rely on donations, some people simply don't have the means.

I am sure through the years this topic has been beat to death but my two cents ...... for the good of the forum, why not allow non-Supporting members a limited number of classified ads say 3-5.
After that number has been met, they would have to become a supporting member to continue running ads in the classifieds.
I am sure Joe wants this site to be open to all to use but when I see members with a large number of feedback from sales I don't understand why they would not want to contribute. :s0013:

That said, there are people who've been coming here for years, sold hundreds of items in the classifieds, and have never contributed once. We're considering configuring the software to do just what @kenboy has mentioned, allow a certain number of classifieds per year for non-supporting members. It's still being discussed, but it is an option.

Upvote 0
That said, there are people who've been coming here for years, sold hundreds of items in the classifieds, and have never contributed once.......

Joe Link I am not sure I am on board with you completly here. Adding to a strong classified section could bring more people to the site to buy, sell, and trade. More traffic is better for paid advertisers, and the ability to be able to sell more correct?

..........It's also a disservice to existing members because they have no idea who they are potentially dealing with. Just my two ¢.

With all due respect you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not know who you are dealing with regardless of their post count.

Upvote 0
Joe Link I am not sure I am on board with you completly here. Adding to a strong classified section could bring more people to the site to buy, sell, and trade. More traffic is better for paid advertisers, and the ability to be able to sell more correct?

This is exactly why we're not rushing to implement this. We're going to weigh the pros and cons and do whatever is best for the site :)

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top