JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone, newbie checking in! Been meaning to take the plunge and get buy some guns for a while now, finally got myself to do it. Turns out everyone has the same idea though! I never owned guns before but I have been exposed to them while growing up and shot some too... father in the army, father in law here locally a long time gun owner/lover, many friends with guns.

After tons of reading, I bought a CZ75B, matte finish from gunbroker.com, anxiously waiting for it to get here. I am a lefty so I got the ambi safety version, plan is for both myself and my wife to use it. Next, I want to get a 911 style 9mm, I have been looking at Kimbers and Springfields. There is a really nice Springfield armory loaded target in 9mm for sale in the classifieds, I am so tempted! I have a feeling this will turn into one of these diseases that leads to more than one or two guns, we will see!

Welcome. As said above, safety first, always treat your guns as if they are always loaded.
Lots of good info here on lots of topics so enjoy! Don't hesitate to ask anyone anything. :)

Thank you everyone! Absolutely, we are going to be over cautious. I think I have read as much as I can and watched many videos about safety and how to handle guns, but will be super careful. Plan is to not even use live ammo for the immediate future, just familiarize with the guns first and dry shoot after. Mixed opinions on dry shooting the CZ, but most seem to think it will be ok as long as not overdone. I like to clean things and take them apart, to the point of OCD, so that is part of the plan as well.

Absolutely, once this nightmare ends I plan to actively get training, both from a professional and from several friends that are pretty excited to help me. Plus, I am not a young buck anymore, 41 years old, so I will be super careful and take it easy. I have been looking for several new hobbies and this for once may be a useful hobby and a way to protect myself.

For now, patiently waiting for my CZ and researching 9mm 1911's with Ambi safety. Anyone have any thoughts on this:

I also like the Kimber 1911 Stainless Pro Raptor II 9mm and the 1911 EMP CHAMPION™ CONCEALED CARRY CONTOUR HANDGUN, and not necessarily as a concealed gun, but more for something that my wife will be able to also grip.

Why worry?
People do not need guns.
They're only made for those making signs.
gunfreezone2.jpg

@2A2Dend that is funny! I wont lie and say that the current situation didn't make me move ahead with this, but I have been thinking about this for years, just too busy with life and work in general! Once the stay at home order came I thought to myself, this is a great time to do some of the things that I always wanted to but never got to... turns out my timing was not that great.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top