1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

New Member, been shooting for a while...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gambolputty, Jul 21, 2012.

1. gambolputty

gambolputty Oregon New Member

but not shooting nearly as often as I would like. My son wants to get into shooting so I am hoping to find some nice outdoor ranges / shooting areas which aren't overrun with knuckleheads. (you know - folks who like to mix lots of beer and bullets in the same place and time) He lives in Portland so I will be looking in that area. Please hook me up with suggestions.

Anyway I shoot mostly center fire pistol, but have been thinking about getting a nice .22 rifle just because it's so inexpensive to shoot.

Looking forward to hanging out here.

BTW: Shouldn't the Preparedness & Survival Forum have a sub forum dedicated to the Zombi Apocalypse? Just wondering
  2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

What type of distance is your son looking for? It can be a bit of a drive to public lands (or a range) depending on where they live. I've been able to find places in any of the forests surrounding the area. There's some threads in the outdoor shooting areas subforum.
    Outdoor Shooting Areas
  3. pilgrim7

pilgrim7 Pacific Northwest Member