JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
but not shooting nearly as often as I would like. My son wants to get into shooting so I am hoping to find some nice outdoor ranges / shooting areas which aren't overrun with knuckleheads. (you know - folks who like to mix lots of beer and bullets in the same place and time) He lives in Portland so I will be looking in that area. Please hook me up with suggestions.

Anyway I shoot mostly center fire pistol, but have been thinking about getting a nice .22 rifle just because it's so inexpensive to shoot.

Looking forward to hanging out here.

BTW: Shouldn't the Preparedness & Survival Forum have a sub forum dedicated to the Zombi Apocalypse? Just wondering

Welcome.

What type of distance is your son looking for? It can be a bit of a drive to public lands (or a range) depending on where they live. I've been able to find places in any of the forests surrounding the area. There's some threads in the outdoor shooting areas subforum.
Outdoor Shooting Areas

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR