JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"American Pageant is the most used textbook for AP U.S. history across the nation," he said at the board meeting.:eek::eek::eek:
http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20150318/NEWS/150319577/101064/NEWS

Both Wallan and Thomas have degrees in political science and were outspoken about their disapproval of how the author embedded words and phrases in brackets and as side notes in the Constitution. For example, the Second Amendment read: "The people may bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms [i.e., for military purposes] shall not be infringed." Prendergast pointed out that "i.e." means "that is" or "this means" and should have been replaced with "e.g." which means "for example." The exact meaning of the Second Amendment has long been a hot-button issue in the debate over gun rights. Thomas called the bracketed phrase in the Second Amendment the most "egregious" example of the author's editorial comments.

Let me guess, American Pageant is probably the textbook used in Portland and Eugene or soon will be!:mad:

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Just more "Common Core brainwashing" by our wonderful gov't!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The Parents need to go to war against the use of the Propaganda tools
by the Marxist Left, The Communist Left and the people that generally hate America and become teachers of our children. They are treasonous criminals in my eyes. And worse !

"<because> A well regulated Militia, <is>being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people <NOT the Militia> to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed* <as the people may need to fight the State and it's Militia to remain free>"
(*any gun law apart from this one is probably an infringement)

There, that's how they should have embedded it.

Homeschool your kids or find a group who choose to also do the same so you can all split the learning load. No way Im letting my kids go to public school. Patriots need to be raised in the country.. Not more sheep.

How history becomes history.

What better way than this, to turn a republic into a dictatorship?
When today's children become adults what they read (were taught) in school will, to them, be the truth.
Indoctrination; it's the America haters' most powerful weapon.
Parents need to be parents again. Teach your kids right from wrong. Teach them America. Teach them how this wonderful country came to be.
We are in a battle as real as any. It's up to those of us who still know what's what to teach what we can and to fight for our freedoms.
Indoctrination has been a pretty powerful weapon for Americas' supporters too. It's unfortunate so many parents have chosen to let the government raise their children for them. The longer we're lazy in this duty, the harder the battle will become.

Nikita Khrushchev said they would beat us without ever firing a shot. This is how they are doing it and no one even fights back in a coordinated effort, as though they are waiting for some kind of divine intervention.............:(
Parents, have to do this themselves..................Problem is they have been indoctrinated too.
The Frog is boiled.
We need new Frogs now.:mad:

The best way to combat this is to talk to your kids and kids you have relationships with about School Textbooks not always being completely factual.

In fact give them the old, "Don't believe everything you read or see on T.V. " as often as possible.

Start with the easy stuff like weight loss ads or other hyped unbelievable commercials. They are fun and easy to debunk!

From there move up to other things like P.C. textbooks that have an agenda.

"<because> A well regulated Militia, <is>being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people <NOT the Militia> to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed* <as the people may need to fight the State and it's Militia to remain free>"
(*any gun law apart from this one is probably an infringement)

There, that's how they should have embedded it.
Vandercoy has disected it for us:
<broken link removed>

it seems to me it is simply poor wording. the notation could just as easily be meant to emphasize "arms" being weapons of war. in which case it is completely accurate.

The Second Amendment IS in place for military purposes !

Just not for Government Agents !

:cool:

As per the Constitution Article 1, the end of section 10. "No state shall, without the consent of Congress, lay any duty of tonnage, keep troops, or ships of war in time of peace, enter into any agreement or compact with another state, or with a foreign power, or engage in war, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay."

Meaning ... A state cannot have it's own military. This being the case, it would seem that "the right of the people" would have to mean exactly what is stated, "the people", obviously excluding those not prohibited by law because of being a criminal or mentally unstable have the right to keep and bear arms. It would make no sense to have the 2nd Amendment only to have had it nullified by or in direct conflict with Article 1, section 10. I believe, the framers knew exactly what they were saying and how it was being written. All one has to do is read things like The Federalist Papers, and many other writings by them, by their own hands, in their own words to know this. One can also read what they read as their inspirations as well. In any case, I do not need to speak for them because they themselves have done it already, and much more eloquently than I ever could.

I have been mulling over a "better" argument for the 2nd Amendment and this is just part of it. I'm trying to hammer out reasonable and well thought out ones, that will hopefully address many, if not most of what the anti-gunners have to say. I firmly believe that I have to, need to, am obliged to do better than to simply say "because the Constitution says so".

Mike

The Second Ammendment Primer by Les Adams is a great book on this topic. The 2A was clearly intended for the defense of life AND liberty and means what it says. IF people think it's outdated and want to change the constitution, I can respect that (although I disagree). Blatantly violating the law however is something I cannot respect.

The best way to combat this is to talk to your kids and kids you have relationships with about School Textbooks not always being completely factual.

In fact give them the old, "Don't believe everything you read or see on T.V. " as often as possible.

Start with the easy stuff like weight loss ads or other hyped unbelievable commercials. They are fun and easy to debunk!

From there move up to other things like P.C. textbooks that have an agenda.
That's great except when you have a radical teacher infusing his propaganda into your child's brain day after day. Then you have the problem of the teacher replacing the parent's values with his own because she thinks they are correct and more important.

Debunk the myth that all Teachers are Saints! Point out some of the many examples of Teachers who break the law. Teachers who have victimized kids, drug charges and D.U.Is. etc.

Let them know that Teachers are human beings like the rest of us and the same % of them are bad as the population they live and work in. No better, no worse.

Mention that they have become a protected class of workers in today's society. Mention that they are fairly paid and compensated for their labors despite the depictions painted by the media, politicians, popular culture and yes, themselves!
My Daughter's Elementary Teacher made a comment or two, "On a Teacher's Salary?" that had my Daughter asking about wages to me one day!:mad:

Above all mention that they just may have a Political slant, an agenda.
A vested interest to, with the help of their Unions, keep in power the ones who have promised and delivered to them the elevated protected status that they have.

Today you must become one of your kid's most important Teachers. Take the time to do this and you will be fairly paid and compensated. I'm sure of it.:cool:

Last Edited:
The problem is when the child just accepts what the teacher says because they are the teacher and authority figure. When the school day is over the child does not share every moment of their school day with their parent. They are doing their own thing. I was a single parent for my daughter. Up until she was 13 years old we were best friends. From age 13 to 16 she didn't talk to me. Now she is married, lives three miles from me and we are best friends. It's naive to think that teachers do not have a lot of power to influence your child. A parent should protest loud and clear when a teacher is laying their political agenda and spin on your child. If they are smart they will keep their anti second amendment and religious views to themselves. I hope there will be a vociferous protest against this textbook at the next Medford school board meeting. Medford is not exactly an anti firearm community. There are two ranges within three miles of each other, a handful or more of gun stores including a Sportsman's Warehouse.

How much of what is taught in public schools is correct anyway. Not much, and many of us believe it is motivated by a lust for control, most "Teaching" is really conditioning.

This explains how one generation would see 58,000 men die fighting communism and the next generation vote a communist into the top job. I feel like I want to puke thinking about it.

Disconnecting people from their history ...

I apologize in advance if I sound like a broken record posting Sheriff Clarke again, but I think he nails it on 2A topics.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top