JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am doing a review of frog lube. I striped down my M&P and coated it with frog lube. Shot def pistol this am and when I got home it was as easy as wiping the parts off with a rag. A bit more work to get the lead out but that's to be expected. I would give it a try for ease of use and to get away from petrolium products. I ordered mine from CNS in Albany.

froglube.com

I bought some and have tried it on my .22 pistol. It works awesome. After shooting 300 rounds of dirty bulk ammo, the gun just wiped clean. Plus, it's 100% non-toxic. I'm hooked! I can't wait to try it out on my AR this weekend.:s0155:

TW25B is effective in all climates at -90° F to +450° F.

I have been using TW25B in our self loading handguns, due to the fact that it does not run and leak out of the handgun like oils do.

The TW25B also makes cleaning a firearm very easy.

M67

As just a side note, I started thinking about how many "New", "Fantastic", "Revolutionary" etc, Gun Lubes I've seen introduced in my lifetime. I lost count when I got into the "hundreds".

As for lubing my firearms I use Mobil-1 Wheel Bearing grease on the slides of my pistols and Mobil-1 Motor oil on everything else. Only particular reason for Mobil-1 is that I use it in my Truck and I have the leftover oil that clings to the bottle when I change oil. The Grease is for my Travel Trailer bearings.

For some darn reason it works just great on all my firearms. One pistol, a Sig, has had over 40k rounds fired through it and the only sign of wear is some polishing on the barrel where it locks up in the slide. My AR's clean up just as easy as any AR, even after using "Magic Lube".

What do people think goes into all these "Super Lubes"? Pretty much the same thing as in any premium motor oil.

The most important thing is to clean and lube regularly, not the magic formula one uses.
"

As just a side note, I started thinking about how many "New", "Fantastic", "Revolutionary" etc, Gun Lubes I've seen introduced in my lifetime. I lost count when I got into the "hundreds".

As for lubing my firearms I use Mobil-1 Wheel Bearing grease on the slides of my pistols and Mobil-1 Motor oil on everything else. Only particular reason for Mobil-1 is that I use it in my Truck and I have the leftover oil that clings to the bottle when I change oil. The Grease is for my Travel Trailer bearings.

For some darn reason it works just great on all my firearms. One pistol, a Sig, has had over 40k rounds fired through it and the only sign of wear is some polishing on the barrel where it locks up in the slide. My AR's clean up just as easy as any AR, even after using "Magic Lube".

What do people think goes into all these "Super Lubes"? Pretty much the same thing as in any premium motor oil.

The most important thing is to clean and lube regularly, not the magic formula one uses.
"

Amen brother!

How much does one spend on gun lubes?

Up to about 12.50 for a 4oz bottle of most of the top tier brand name oils/lubes?

18.00 for 4oz Frog Lube???? 8oz for about 20.00+???

The cost of a quart of motor oil is??? Light grease???

If I wasn't given oils/lubes, I would use a light grease such as Lubri-Plate, or the grease mentioned above, and any motor oil on the market.

Guns aren't high revving items, unless you run them with no lube.

Even the top shooters, armorer teachers, and operator types say to pack a small bottle of motor oil for your AR type rifle...they like to be run wet, but they'll run just as good, and have just as mush or less wear with a few buck quart of motor oil vs a high dollar lube.

For a light grease, one could probably use Crisco! :s0114:

Even the top shooters, armorer teachers, and operator types say to pack a small bottle of motor oil for your AR type rifle...they like to be run wet, but they'll run just as good, and have just as mush or less wear with a few buck quart of motor oil vs a high dollar lube.

For a light grease, one could probably use Crisco! :s0114:

My Grandson was home over Christmas from Basic Training. Naturally we went out shooting. He told me that their M-16's were given a good shot of CLP from an aerosol can just before any of their live firing exercises. They all lined up with the bolt locked back, the dust cover open, no mag inserted and as they walked by, their rifle got "hosed" in the chamber/action area. Now that's wet.

As for Crisco, nah, that's a "fixed oil". When over heated it forms varnish.

It's good to hear I'm not the only "Cheap Bastard" out there.:cool::s0155:

As far a "store brought" I like Gun Butter but before using it you need to get all the petro based stuff off the weapon and it is spendy plus you have had to order it online.
The CPL is good stuff also and I have a "lot" of the Otis that someone gave me and should try it one of these days?
Liberty Tree Collectors has the surplus M14 weapons grease @ $10.00 for 10ea 2.5cc containers which I remember before we got the AR.

CRISCO? No thanks! (<:}-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads