JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of our commanders told me my Ruger Mini 14 was not a good MBR and backed this up with testimony from several firearms experts. I am now looking for a new MBR. Then I came upon this whole Piston vs. DI conundrum, and I don’t know what to get now, traditional AR or piston something or other.

Anyone’s input would be valued.

if you already have a mini 14 that will work just fine.
if you dont, dont worry about spending big for a piston rifle unless it a fal or ak.
ar15's are super great. for your needs a mini 14 will work out peachy.

if you want to go retro, think about an M1903A3 or M1 Garand. They are the mothers of all "MBR"s and you can buy M2 ball from the DCM/CMP.

today's thing is still a 20" A2.

just sayin'

does the first person to the connex before the meeting get to be the commander?

Buy a standard AR15 rifle to start. You can pick one up in the $650 range if you keep your eyes open. Gas piston AR's are cool but for semi-auto it is a solution to a non-existent problem that in fact creates more problems than it solves.

I can do AR, I was actually issued a carbine in reserves and we found them just as accurate as the long version against moving targets at about 100m. My question is, I was issued a Colt. Now there are so many different manufacturers, how do I know which is the best and which is junk?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top