JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A Senate committee has drafted what they are calling the ''Federal Firearm Licensing Act'' which would require you to obtain a federal license before you can purchase a firearm. I doubt it will make it out of committee, but these are strange times.

They actually call it a federal firearms license in the bill. I doubt any of the co-sponsors even know that the term is already taken.

Text of the bill:

It won't make it through the Senate, so it's another wasted effort. Even then were is signed into law I don't think it would pass muster in the USSC where it would eventually wind up.

IMO just pandering to their base coming into the midterms.

I don't see how this could survive court challenges, but it could sure be a pain in the a$$ in the meantime. And, at the end of the day, it will do NOTHING to reduce violent crime.

I put my suggestion out there, every time I can. If the goal is to reduce violent crime (debatable), the answer is to go after the ways bad guys get guns, and make the prosecution mandatory. Federal, even. Here are the three laws already on the books that would make a difference:

- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Straw purchases (for both buyer and intended recipient)

Enforce those 100%, and make it painful. Very, very painful. That should be a good start......

This all ties in with them wanting to give the UN power over US citizens. This WHO treaty they are signing is a step towards gun ownership control. All they need to do is correlate gun violence as a health pandemic and the fun begins. We need a strong stomp down in November.

This all ties in with them wanting to give the UN power over US citizens. This WHO treaty they are signing is a step towards gun ownership control. All they need to do is correlate gun violence as a health pandemic and the fun begins. We need a strong stomp down in November.
We need a strong stomp down from this moment forward...

They will never stop until they disarm everyone, that why it is imperative to vote them out of "every" part or our government!

82DBB72C-70F3-44CB-8D73-8B459C3F90C3.jpeg ON GUN CONTROL!!!

1ABAB645-99A9-40B4-951A-EDFA620CA156.jpeg

The anti-gunners are relentless and ruthless. Why aren't we?
Part of it is because we are the ones who stand to loose the most so we are always defensive in our actions.

The antis are on the offensive because they have NOTHING to loose - they don't own guns - and can propose, suggest or do anything they think that might eventually 'stick' and make it harder for us. If something they want fails they just try harder the next time.

Nothing to loose is a very powerful position.....

A Senate committee has drafted what they are calling the ''Federal Firearm Licensing Act'' which would require you to obtain a federal license before you can purchase a firearm. I doubt it will make it out of committee, but these are strange times.

They actually call it a federal firearms license in the bill. I doubt any of the co-sponsors even know that the term is already taken.

Text of the bill:
Sure, make me an FFL, that way I can purchase directly from the manufacturers and wholesalers…

What a bunch of stupid fish, dumb basses….

The UN with no record of success continues to fail upwards. Who can't make or enforce laws these days? ATF, CDC and any number of new re-imagined commie backed groups.

With the current situation, there seems to be a lot of effort for not fixing anything. Tall grass, leaky roof, refrigerator broke, but let's go look at new cars! Fix what's broke before breaking things we don't want or need.

The anti-gunners are relentless and ruthless. Why aren't we?

* I mean this in a peaceful way so let's not start down that road.
I understand, I meant that as well. I was just referring to the previous commenter that we need to vote these people out. We all see what they're doing to the country, aside from the gun issue.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews