JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand, I meant that as well. I was just referring to the previous commenter that we need to vote these people out. We all see what they're doing to the country, aside from the gun issue.
Oh, no it wasn't aimed at you. There are certain folks who seem to want to see things get violent. I don't and I don't think you do either.

I'm not going to get a special license to get guns. Not even if it passes.
I'll still get guns though.
Of course not obeying Federal Law would be a criminal act. (That is precisely what they want!)

I understand that you are only frustrated and what you speak of is figurative.

All rational people understand that criminals will always find a way to get a firearm. Well, the anti-gunners want to pass laws that will make law abiding citizen's criminals if they do not obey.

It's a slow piece meal approach with them,...

They call all of their political proposals, (Bills) "Common Sense" gun laws. But every so-called anti-gun organization has the long term aim of eliminating the private ownership of firearms in the United States. It is "Common Sense" for them to make firearms ownership for private citizens illegal.

Look at this partial list of the organizations against gun ownership:

Last Edited:
Oh, no it wasn't aimed at you. There are certain folks who seem to want to see things get violent. I don't and I don't think you do either.
I hope that I am preaching to the choir but make no mistake about it, Federal Authorities do in fact monitor web site traffic looking for prosecutable criminal acts,....

I am 100% sure that no one here advocates any illegal act.

This is a division of our Federal Government that works with our FBI:
Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory (RCFL)

I hope that I am preaching to the choir but make no mistake about it, Federal Authorities do in fact monitor web site traffic looking for prosecutable criminal acts,....

I am 100% sure that no one here advocates any illegal act.

This is a division of our Federal Government that works with our FBI:
Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory (RCFL)
No of course not, I think most of us are pretty peaceable and that's why we are not out there hurting people. I just wish the federal government would act the same way when it comes to how they treat us. I think I can safely speak for the majority of us when I say I don't like the fact that the government uses my tax dollars to pay organizations like the AFT to threaten me with severe punishment if I do not obey and that also helps to implement the taking away of my rights.

Last Edited:
I own firearms for protection from tyrannical government.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
I could not be in more agreement with you.

But remember, many of our founding fathers were in fact declared Terrorists by the British government.

And, many of their lives were ruined. Hence, one must be ready and willing to have their lives ruined by an unjust government before embarking on such an endeavor,...

Moreover, it might not be wise to brand one's self by making flippant remarks out of frustration. (Note: My comment is purely hypothetical.)

Last Edited:
So...
If the idea of a licence is to stop firearm accidents or crime.....

I would then ask :
We need a licence to legally drive a car...does that stop automobile accidents or crime...?

In any event...once you need a licence for something it no longer is a Right...but now a privilege
Something also to consider if one needs a license to exercise one Right....What will stop the need for a licence for all the rest of the Rights.....?
Andy

And, many of their lives were ruined. Hence, one must be ready and willing to have their lives ruined by an unjust government before embarking on such an endeavor,...
You think I don't know this but, I've been prepping for it for over a decade.

"So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." - Hebrews 13:6

You think I don't know this but, I've been prepping for it for over a decade.
We are far more alike than dissimilar. I do not see myself as a "Prepper," or use the term, because of the way our authorities view "Preppers."

When was the last time you heard any mainstream media source in the USA refer to a "Prepper" in a positive light? You may not care, but I do. And that does not make us adversaries in my mind.

I am prepared for natural disasters just as our FEMA recommends,...With a few additions that fit my family's circumstances.

Last Edited:
Senate Democrats on Thursday introduced an ambitious new gun control legislation that would require all Americans to obtain a Department of Justice (DOJ) license with a 5-year limit before purchasing a single gun.
1.57.38-PM.jpg&cfs=1&ext=jpg&utld=thegatewaypundit.jpg

This is the same act:

Propose an extreme bill that cannot pass

Have another convenient "mass event" take place.

Play the "I told you so argument", use this against conservatives over the next two years before the 2024 election and say its for the "chulren".

Propose less restrictive but still tyrannical bill or the more common tactic, have states make their own legislation and little by little pass state laws banning or restricting mags/firearms.

Their playbook is OLD. I wish someone would make a graph showing this trend. Its gone on this way since 2008.

I don't see how this could survive court challenges, but it could sure be a pain in the a$$ in the meantime. And, at the end of the day, it will do NOTHING to reduce violent crime.

I put my suggestion out there, every time I can. If the goal is to reduce violent crime (debatable), the answer is to go after the ways bad guys get guns, and make the prosecution mandatory. Federal, even. Here are the three laws already on the books that would make a difference:

- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Straw purchases (for both buyer and intended recipient)

Enforce those 100%, and make it painful. Very, very painful. That should be a good start......
I got to watch a priceless attempted straw purchase in progress a while back. The "purchaser" was accompanied by what was best described as a "ho"; at least that what he referred to her as. He checked out several glamorous handguns until he found the one; a Magnum Research 50AE if memory serves. Keep in mind, no effort was made to cover up the ruse, no one in their right mind could mistake "that's the one I want" for "that's the one for you ho".

Anyway, paperwork time, presented to the buyer, he passes it to the ho and instructs her to fill out the form. At this point, myself and other customers who saw the action, were standing there wondering if the dealer was going to miss the obvious. He didn't, he snatched the paperwork back. At this point we are waiting for the fight to start; it didn't. Dealer told the guy that neither he, nor his ho, was leaving the store with a gun, period. He went on to explain a straw purchase, they both left seeming unbothered, probably not the first stop they'd made for the day.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews