JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted a Ruger LCR for a long time. Finally save enough to get one. Will post pictures later. Cannot wait to fire it this weekend.
My daughter finally got her concealed weapons permit and she will not touch a semi-auto, so she might borrow the LCR if and when she actually decides to carry.
She likes my S&W M&P .38, but it has a hammer and she won't put it in her purse with a hammer. Hope this gun likes my reloads.

LCR1.jpg LCR2.jpg LCR3.jpg
Really glad it will not fire .357!

LCR3.jpg

LCR1.jpg

LCR2.jpg

I have a S&W 360 M&P revolver that is just about identical to the LCR, only it cost twice as much, and after I shoot 40-50 .38 specials through it my trigger finger starts to bleed. I will not shoot .357 in it without a glove. The recoil is really not that bad, but it is hard on the skin of your fingers. The Smith weighs 16 oz. loaded and I believe this LCR might weigh less.
I'm afraid I will like this LCR and put my Beretta Px4 in the safe for awhile and carry this revolver. I already have the perfect holster.

I've had one for a couple of years now. Love it. The trigger is way better than any J-frame, and the grips are ideal for my hands. I have also found that the Remington .38spl 125 gr +P JHP's that you can buy at Bi-Mart for around $18 for a box of 50 hit exactly to point of aim at 10 yards. I carry mine in a Galco pocket holster, the gun just vanishes into the front pocket of my denim or khaki shorts. A couple of Speed Strips in the other pocket for quick reloads, and it makes an ideal summer carry piece without the reliability issues that can beset so many of the little pocket .380's. IMHO, .38+P is the ideal cartridge to load in an airweight snubbie, full Magnum loads just cant burn the extra powder in such a short barrel and you wind up blind and deaf with a gun that is uncontrollable for fast and accurate followup shots.

I've had one for a couple of years now. Love it. The trigger is way better than any J-frame, and the grips are ideal for my hands. I have also found that the Remington .38spl 125 gr +P JHP's that you can buy at Bi-Mart for around $18 for a box of 50 hit exactly to point of aim at 10 yards. I carry mine in a Galco pocket holster, the gun just vanishes into the front pocket of my denim or khaki shorts. A couple of Speed Strips in the other pocket for quick reloads, and it makes an ideal summer carry piece without the reliability issues that can beset so many of the little pocket .380's. IMHO, .38+P is the ideal cartridge to load in an airweight snubbie, full Magnum loads just cant burn the extra powder in such a short barrel and you wind up blind and deaf with a gun that is uncontrollable for fast and accurate followup shots.

I agree with most of what you say here, except: My KLCR .357 is very controllable with 158gr mag loads. I can shoot pretty fast and accurately with these, and the recoil is easy - a well designed piece IMO. Still doesn't solve the flash-bang issue. I wonder what the older LEO's and folks who relied on .357 had to say about that. Bill Jordan doesn't seem to mention it.

I agree with most of what you say here, except: My KLCR .357 is very controllable with 158gr mag loads. I can shoot pretty fast and accurately with these, and the recoil is easy - a well designed piece IMO. Still doesn't solve the flash-bang issue. I wonder what the older LEO's and folks who relied on .357 had to say about that. Bill Jordan doesn't seem to mention it.

I would imagine it was less of an issue for old time LEO's because they were shooting steel framed guns with 4" barrels, not alloy-framed airweight snubbies.

It would be interesting to see the difference in muzzle velocity between a 158 gr in .38+P versus an identical bullet loaded to Magnum pressures, when fired from a 1 7/8" barrel. My guess is that the difference probably wouldnt be enough to outweigh the increased recoil and the effect of all the unburned powder creating a fireball if shooting in dark or low light conditions. If you have the ability to control the recoil of your .357 LCR well enough for fast and accurate followup shots when firing Mag loads then more power to you, but for me I will stick with my .38+p.

I would imagine it was less of an issue for old time LEO's because they were shooting steel framed guns with 4" barrels, not alloy-framed airweight snubbies.

It would be interesting to see the difference in muzzle velocity between a 158 gr in .38+P versus an identical bullet loaded to Magnum pressures, when fired from a 1 7/8" barrel. My guess is that the difference probably wouldnt be enough to outweigh the increased recoil and the effect of all the unburned powder creating a fireball if shooting in dark or low light conditions. If you have the ability to control the recoil of your .357 LCR well enough for fast and accurate followup shots when firing Mag loads then more power to you, but for me I will stick with my .38+p.

That makes sense. 38+P is more controllable. But the KLCR does handle .357 mag much better than I thought possible.

That makes sense. 38+P is more controllable. But the KLCR does handle .357 mag much better than I thought possible.

What does the "K" in KLCR stand for?

I would love to get my hands on one and compare it to my LCR in .38. These guns have the best grips I have ever felt on a factory gun.

What does the "K" in KLCR stand for?

I would love to get my hands on one and compare it to my LCR in .38. These guns have the best grips I have ever felt on a factory gun.

Not sure what the K stands for, but denotes the .357 model. It's about 4oz heavier than the 38 spl. I agree, the grips are great. PM me if you want to see this one.