JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are some things I like about this revolver.
1) Six shots
2) I like the flattened sides to the cylinder
3) Concealed hammer

However, like several others mentioned 9 bones, even retail price, is pretty high and I'll buy another Kimber when Hell freezes over. Working with their customer service is nearly a waste of time...

Still, like most Kimbers, it is pretty.

Like a dumb@zz, I traded in a SW 686 on a first gen Kimber 1911. Biggest mistake I've made yet. The Kimber stopped being reliable about 2,000 rounds in to the point I got rid of it. I'm sure the 686 is still going strong for some lucky fella. I'll never buy another Kimber. More importantly, I'll never sell any revolver ever again.

If I am going to carry a concealed wheelgun, it will be an airweight in .38+P which is the optimum load for a 2" barrel.
If I an going to carry a steel-framed gun that weighs 20 ounces or more, its going to be a semi-auto with a longer barrel and/or higher capacity.
And if I am going to pay $800+ for a revolver, it will be for an older classic S&W (66, 686, 629 etc) or a big-bore Ruger .44 Magnum.
This new Kimber seems like the worst of all worlds: poor firepower-to-weight ratio, too bulky, too short of a barrel for its caliber, and way too expensive. And its a Kimber, not a S&W.

I have a Taurus 605, a 357 snubbie that has not been bad to shoot as long as its only three or four cylinders worth, +P 38's I still shoot sparingly, regular 38's a whole box. 357's don't just punish the target, they punish the shooter too,

I have a S&W 637 J frame and I don't shoot 38 +P's with it anymore either, just normal regular. No high powered lightweights for me.

I heard that Paul Carlson confirmed that Kimber has put off the delivery date for a year or more. Any more info on this? I can't recall what podcast I heard this on.... I haven't seen it written anywhere, though.

I hope their revolvers are more reliable than their 1911s . . . I think they are terribly overpriced considering this is their first try breaking into the wheel gun market
Ain't that the truth. I got sick and tired of dragging my Custom TLE around gunsmiths to make it work reliably. Polishing and re polishing the ramp, trying nearly every kind of 1911 magazine that's out there, finally gave up and sold it to a fellow who claimed " he was sure he knew the cure for it". Paying a grand for a handgun makes you at least expect it to shoot reliably o_O

Some could consider saving the money and buy a Smith and Wesson either new or pre-owned. I've carried Model's 60 in 357 at 3", 442s--go every where just because they are lite; and SP101 in 3"--all great; and no need to spend $900. I have a 357 Smith 640 jewel--perhaps the best of the lot, but I do not carry it. Ruger's SP 101 5 shot 2 inch is a jewel too. For civilian use these all work great.

They look too much like the hammerless Ruger SP101 that sells for $500. Some Flitz and a rag and they would be even closer.

70242_1.jpg

Ain't that the truth. I got sick and tired of dragging my Custom TLE around gunsmiths to make it work reliably. Polishing and re polishing the ramp, trying nearly every kind of 1911 magazine that's out there, finally gave up and sold it to a fellow who claimed " he was sure he knew the cure for it". Paying a grand for a handgun makes you at least expect it to shoot reliably o_O

Either you two have very unlucky orI have been very lucky because I have never had a single problem with any of the kimbers I have owned.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top