JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some of those are already laws, like it being a crime to own a gun if you can't legally own one:

•A3653- Criminalizes purchasing or owning weapon if person has previous conviction of unlawful possession of weapon.

So since they aren't enforcing the current law, they had to do the above one AND the below one to make up for it, I guess:

•S2456- Criminalizes purchase or possession of firearms ammunition by persons convicted of certain crimes.

Thankfully, I have no desire to even visit NJ, let alone live there, but we don't need this kind of precident being established. NY's new laws are already rediculous enough, and now this? Me no like... bad magic....

•A3645- Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face‑to‑face transactions.

Just like many states they are loosing major tax revenue from internet sales.

•A3668- Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use.

Sounds like a conflict of interest to me!!!

WOW just by speed reading through them it looks like 3/4 of the N J residents will not be able to purchase ANY GUNS. WOW

Do they have the votes to get it past Gov. Christie? I would speculate that he would veto them.

I'm not sure I would count on that. He has been a political enigma recently. I would worry that like Mitt Romney, who signed into law strict regulations in Massachusetts, he would probably fold to pressure to maintain his popularity rating.

I'm not sure I would count on that. He has been a political enigma recently. I would worry that like Mitt Romney, who signed into law strict regulations in Massachusetts, he would probably fold to pressure to maintain his popularity rating.

IMHO: Christy is one of the guys that will bend with the wind. if enough gun owners push, he won't, if more anti's push, he will sign.

If any of them pass, I hope manufactures just refuse to sell to NJ, civilian or government. It will be humorous when the cops have to go down to Virginia to buy ammo, and they can only buy 2 boxes at a time because of shortages.

elsie

Gov. Christie is a RINO of the worst kind. I wouldn't be surprised if he switched parties.

What are you basing that on?
He sure as hell did not act like a RINO during the budget fight, and was not afraid to speak straight when holding town hall meetings. I remember hearing audio from a meeting where a teacher was telling him that she could make more money in the private sector. He did not do the political dance with her but simply told her to "go ahead".

If you are ticked at him that he toured the state with Obama after the huricane that's too bad. Even then he said that he does not care how it looks politically, his job is to run the state.
Frankly I see him as a non bs type of guy. Now that does not mean that his position might not be way off on the 2A, he is from the North East after and their opinion on guns is very "metropolitan"

Gov. Christie is a RINO of the worst kind. I wouldn't be surprised if he switched parties.

Christie is less a RINO than either McCain or Romney. If there are good things going on in NJ, Christie should get a lot of credit. He is not a solid small government conservative leaning libertarian, but he has governed like a pro-business less government Republican with North Eastern Leanings. That is who he is and he has never claimed otherwise. Christie has so far been consistent. If he changes stripes, he could earn RINO status, but I do not think he is there yet. RINO's from states who have the capacity to send real Republicans make me more nervous.

•S2485- Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.

Just another way that the government is going to regulate our rights as citizens. The watch list has proven to be bloated and outdated. How many people will magically appear on the watch list and get denied their constitutional rights because they are buying more than the arbitrary number dictated by the government. Or maybe bubblegumming about big brother on an internet forum...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top