JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

I recently moved to Washington from Northern California partially because I was tired of a lot of the gun restrictions in Cali. Now that I am here however I have no idea what locations I can or should go to in the area. I live in Seattle but am more than willing to travel an hour or more if necessary to find some nice shooting spots. My birthday is coming up and me and my girlfriend want to go out shooting for it, but I feel like shooting outside (weather permitting) rather than at a range. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:s0112:

Hello and welcome to Washington. What you need to find is areas that are Bureau of Land Management property. Areas in Sultan have been closed due to abuse. Areas nearest Seattle on 90 will likely be far too busy for my comfort and taste. I have not checked into them for posted no shooting but, it wouldn't surprise me if it was prohibited there due to the high traffic. I have had recent success with an area east of Monroe 25 minutes on Highway 2. If you find a good spot please keep the area clean and pack out more than you bring in. :s0155:

There is a Kenmore shooting range. I think it maybe rifles only during the weekday and pistols only on Sunday. Don't really know of many outdoor ranges unless you drive a bit. In the greater Seattle area, most are going to be indoor.

I was hoping shooting off I90 wasnt shut down:(

Is it for sure prohibited? If so, that really sucks.

OP, check out the issaquah sportsman club (or something along those lines). Great little range. The range master is a cool lady, but there are some range gurus that are overbearing and annoying. Get past them and you have yourself a very pleasant time.

Oh and all the brass you can carry if youre into that.

Tired of gun restrictions. Im sorry my friend but you moved from california to washifornia......should have picked oregon. but hey welcome to the great northwest.

Until you're lived in commiefornia for a while you have no idea how much better it is here in WA State. My wife and I fled Commiefornia in 1991 and never looked back

To the OPer.. Down here west of Olympia the Capitol State Forest is open to shooting, but be very careful about your backstop as there are hikers, bikers and loggers out there

It is a little bit of a drive but it is nice not having people driving by or not knowing if anybody is in the direction your shooting(like in the woods). Its covered so you arent out in the weather, it stays clean thanks to Steve that runs the place.

Hello and welcome to Washington. What you need to find is areas that are Bureau of Land Management property. Areas in Sultan have been closed due to abuse. Areas nearest Seattle on 90 will likely be far too busy for my comfort and taste. I have not checked into them for posted no shooting but, it wouldn't surprise me if it was prohibited there due to the high traffic. I have had recent success with an area east of Monroe 25 minutes on Highway 2. If you find a good spot please keep the area clean and pack out more than you bring in. :s0155:

As someone who used to shoot at the now-closed Sultan Gravel Pit, I take issue with the claim that it was due to "abuse". It was closed because a handful of residents complained about noise and persuaded the county that the only proper and balanced use of publicly owned land was that it be shut off completely to various activities, including shooting and motorcycling.

Those of us who shot there were very conscious of the rules, and we did our best to make sure everyone else was too, we also made a determined effort to haul out more trash than we brought in.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

Hey all,

I recently moved to Washington from Northern California partially because I was tired of a lot of the gun restrictions in Cali. Now that I am here however I have no idea what locations I can or should go to in the area. I live in Seattle but am more than willing to travel an hour or more if necessary to find some nice shooting spots. My birthday is coming up and me and my girlfriend want to go out shooting for it, but I feel like shooting outside (weather permitting) rather than at a range. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:s0112:

I recently shot at the Public Range on Fort Lewis. It's a straight shot (no pun intended) due south of Seattle on I-5. Costs $5 to shoot all day, and they have a 300 meter range.

Link to info on the MWR Range (Range 15) at Fort Lewis:

<broken link removed>

They put kind of a loud flash video on the page that starts playing immediately, so just be warned to not have your speakers turned up too loud.

At the top of the page is says all weapons must be registered on post, but I didn't do that and no one asked. They moved the gate farther up the road, so you can get to the range from hwy 507 without having to get a base pass.

Renton Fish & Game Club is about a half-hour south/east of downtown, and offers trap, skeet, IPSC, IDPA, CMP, cowboy action etc.
Interlake is about the same distance north/east of downtown. It's now mostly a range for solitary shooting, as they shut down competition and haven't done much to encourage new members.
Marysville Rifle Club is about an hour north, with the same sort of facility and events as Renton.
There are two indoor ranges in Bellevue, Wade's and West Coast Armory.

Oregon allows full-auto and silencers, Washington doesn't.

Technically WA residents can purchase and possess suppressors, we just can't shoot them. Fruitloopy law :pound:

WA = No AWB, No magazine registration/bans, Shall Issue CCW, no roadside "drunk driving" roadblocks like Cali has to snag people carrying without permits (you betcha, that is what is going on!)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top