JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Though it is on a somewhat similar topic and part of my researching of a pistol-caliber(ish) carbine, I thought it better to start a new thread than derail the Marlin Camp Carbine one.

Anyone have the scoop on the newly manufactured M1 Carbines produced by Inland?* Good, bad, or ugly? Thanks!

* Like so:
M1-1945-A.jpg

Inland Manufacturing, LLC was founded in 2013 with a commitment to provide the highest quality firearm-related products for the practical shooting enthusiast.

So they have NO connection to the Inland Division of GM that built the Carbines during WWII.

So the firearm is a new manufacture making its version of a M1 Carbine

The new Inland M1 Carbine features a high quality cast receiver that is precision machined to close tolerances. During the early days of firearm manufacture, there is no question that a forged receiver was stronger than cast receivers of that period. However, with modern casting technology and metallurgy, today's casted components can be more durable and consistent than forging and more cost effective to produce.

So they are closer to the Cast receiver Universals then to a real Inland Carbine in manufacture.

Not saying they aren't a quality firearm but you should realize what you are spending all that money on.

Though it is on a somewhat similar topic and part of my researching of a pistol-caliber(ish) carbine, I thought it better to start a new thread than derail the Marlin Camp Carbine one.

Anyone have the scoop on the newly manufactured M1 Carbines produced by Inland?* Good, bad, or ugly? Thanks!

* Like so:
View attachment 336861

I have not actually shot one of these yet but they get great press from those who have. Supposed to be completely to spec so original parts will still work. They do sure look nice. If someone had a bad hankering for a M1 Carbine and did not want to shoot one of the originals this would fill the need. The price they sell for you can still find originals in working order.

I would love to add a original to my collection someday. I'm not sure that I would buy one of these because if I'm going shooting I would probably take a firearm that I already own. ;)

The early New Inland M1 Carbines have been fraught with receiver problems. Their heat treatment was poor. This resulted in peening on both receivers and bolts. I don't know if they ever rectified these problems, but I bought an Auto Ordnance instead.

Thanks for the note Captain O. That is concerning. I take it the Auto Ordnance worked out for you. Yes?

Though I haven't done any deep comparison shopping yet, the price point on the AO looks less than the Inland.

Thanks for the note Captain O. That is concerning. I take it the Auto Ordnance worked out for you. Yes?

Though I haven't done any deep comparison shopping yet, the price point on the AO looks less than the Inland.

They both use cast receivers from the same supplier. Auto Ordnance cured their problems. I don't know if Inland finally cured theirs.

The ones made by AO run several hundred less. They don't seem to show if theirs are also true to spec so parts would interchange. Since they are still being made though probably would not matter if they did not. Would also make a good shooter for someone who wanted one of these but did not want to shoot one of the originals.

Why would someone not want to shoot one of the originals? :s0153:

It would depend on how nice it was. A "usable" in working order original can be had for what the new ones run. Many though have one in real nice shape and or one of the more rare versions. If it is all original and still in great shape you start to get into the "collector" thing. Many of these go for enough to buy 2 or more of the ones we are talking about here. Not for me but i'm not a collector.

I have many guns I don't shoot.

Thirty carbines are not among them.
First off they just don't break easy.

And if they do GI parts are everywhere and interchange easily.
Most are mixmasters so no harm your gona devalue it?
That is the difference i'm talking about. Most you see now are parts from all over. These make a great shooter. The ones still in great shape and not mixed parts are getting harder and harder to come by. This makes the price steadily climb. I had a couple of them long ago that were a ton of fun. When I see what some of them sell for now I sure wish I had kept them. :(

I have a few all original firearms and shoot some.
I also consider myself a collector.

One reason to own and shoot an original gun ... is that while many replicas or reproductions are excellent guns ... they can come up short in what they are replicating.

Of course common sense should guide you in what you shoot or not.
Andy

I have a few all original firearms and shoot some.
I also consider myself a collector.

One reason to own and shoot an original gun ... is that while many replicas or reproductions are excellent guns ... they can come up short in what they are replicating.

Of course common sense should guide you in what you shoot or not.
Andy

Since I "have to" shoot anything I own I did one time buy another just to shoot. Had a .44 that was a real nice collector. Only bought it as the price was too good not to. Bugged me so much I had to go buy another beater copy so I could shoot that one. Guy who ended up just having to have the collector also bought the beater. Maybe he felt the same way I did. :D

It would depend on how nice it was. A "usable" in working order original can be had for what the new ones run. Many though have one in real nice shape and or one of the more rare versions. If it is all original and still in great shape you start to get into the "collector" thing. Many of these go for enough to buy 2 or more of the ones we are talking about here. Not for me but i'm not a collector.

Then I guess I better stop. :D

Yep ... USGI M1 Carbines are a fun little light rifle. Quite addictive. Right now the gages and special tool count is well over 10 and getting out of hand. The neat thing about the USGI M1 Carbine is that it can be legally converted to a select fire M2 Carbine.

When everything is within specification the little buzz gun is 100% reliable and will zip for 10,000 rounds or more. The down side is that it is $expensive$ to shoot. Hand loading again being explored. All Oregon, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. :)

Then I guess I better stop. :D

If you have one that is all original you may want to check first. Some people will pay what to me seems unreal for some guns. Just because they just have to have it and it's hard to find. You "may" have one of those. If so someone may be willing to give you enough for it to get another great shooter and have plenty left over. Look at what the GI issue 1911's go for now. I RARELY see one any more and when I do they want what I consider insane prices for them. Makes me smile every time I see one thinking how many I have had that shot the crap out of over the years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top