JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never had a problem with original GI 15 round magazines.
My source is wherever I find them.

If you want to use 30 round magazines you need to have a 30 round magazine catch. With the extra finger to support loaded30 round mags.
Most GI guns don't have this. Not sure about clones?

View attachment 337707

The A/O does as well as the Fulton and James River Armory have them too. (I had the same concern as well). Fulton Armory is the "Rolls Royce" of the new M1 Carbines. Rock River Armory's M1 Carbines are the "Bentley" of the "commercial" M1 Carbines. (I have to drive a Chevy). :rolleyes:

That's life.

The A/O does as well as the Fulton and James River Armory have them too. (I had the same concern as well). Fulton Armory is the "Rolls Royce" of the new M1 Carbines. Rock River Armory's M1 Carbines are the "Bentley" of the "commercial" M1 Carbines (I have to drive a Chevy).

That's life.
LOL, that's why I always say if I ever win the lotto I will have to have a (at least one) super high end 1911. Maybe an Ed B or such. Of course the ones I have will shoot just as well for what I do. Still just have to have one for bubblegums and grins. Maybe get a like new Shelby Mustang too. :D

One of the few smart things I did was to stock up on NOS USGI mags years ago. I sold many after the price went up, but I still have 9 or 10 still in the oil paper. 20 years ago I bought new mags for $10.00 or so at the gun show. Now they have more than doubled. You can still find them now and then on eBay for $25. to $35. Note: when searching epay for mags, their un-politically correct view is to not accept or sell any mag over ten rounds. So you will see 15 round USGI mags advertised as 10 round mags. You can tell what they really are by the size and markings. It really gets me pi__ed off to know that they are forcing their Kalifornian laws upon the rest of the free world.

I was shooting one of my Inlands at the range with another guy who was shooting his Fulton.
He could not get the Fulton to run. And the stock didn't fit well.

I let him shoot mine out of pity. And before he left He asked if I wanted to trade. :s0108:
I said no. :s0002:

This was about eight years ago when Fulton built there carbines on GI receivers.
For all I know they may be fantastic guns today?

I hope they improved.

If you can afford a Fulton Armory (USGI material, Heat Treat, Geometry) it will run you $1549.95 + tax and transfer fees. This is an exact reproduction of a USGI M1 Carbine and worth every penny of the purchase price. This is a class "A" #1 perfect replica of our beloved "war baby".

Medic: They are running right now. Everything I have learned about how they have been building them lately has been flawless.

One of the few smart things I did was to stock up on NOS USGI mags years ago. I sold many after the price went up, but I still have 9 or 10 still in the oil paper. 20 years ago I bought new mags for $10.00 or so at the gun show. Now they have more than doubled. You can still find them now and then on eBay for $25. to $35. Note: when searching epay for mags, their un-politically correct view is to not accept or sell any mag over ten rounds. So you will see 15 round USGI mags advertised as 10 round mags. You can tell what they really are by the size and markings. It really gets me pi__ed off to know that they are forcing their Kalifornian laws upon the rest of the free world.
When it looked to me like the great ban was going to sunset I sold off a LOT of mags I had been hording on Ebay. I would put a pic and description to let others know what they were with the disclaimer no sales to CA. They pulled a few of mine but I would just put them back up. I made a killing on the mags. Of course if they had re done the ban I would have been kicking myself but the gamble paid off this time. :D:D

287295-8fbc305dda07a25c1b5704b3eee06e25.jpg

I will reload for mine eventually. I've got about 400 rounds of Armscore 110 gr, and picked up a bag of 300 once fired brass for $25.00, thought that was a score. I'd never heard of "Everglades", decent price on Jacketed at $17.00/100, and very reasonable for 500 Question, would/should a person consider the plated 110 grain pills? Guess not after a bit more reading. Pushing plated over 1700fps = bad.

I watched a review where the new owner raved about the M1 carbine he bought, so I thought I would see about buying one. They were over $1000. I don't think that little rifle is worth that much, so I never went beyond looking at them.

Check Kieth's. Unless they've appreciated since I got mine? Also the Auto Ord would appear to be available through Kieths. Auto-Ordnance | Original manufacturer of the world famous "Tommy Gun"

I have not heard of anyone having barrel issues with plated bullets. Everglades bullets look just like USGI issue. I Can not give these bullets a good score though. I'm a bit concerned about weight, and I check each bullet. These are the least consistent of the different types I have used. I think consistent groups rely on consistent weight bullets. If you grab 50 and weigh them, there will be +or- three of four grains difference. Sierra has been the most consistent in weight with only .2/.4 grains variance. Sorry to redirect the original theme of this thread. This belongs in the reloading section, but I needed to make this clarification. Thank you.

While snooping around KeepShooting for carbine magazines, I couldn't help but notice they have a graphic specifically mentioning the magazine is not from Korea. Presumably there are craptastic magazines produced in said nation. Is this true across the board?

x5fLLPN.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a fan of some made in USA...Pro Mag I have some fro Korea but I have not shot them enough to have an opinion really, so far so good.
"Gun Tests' a magazine, just tested the Inland and a Paratrooper model of Auto Ordinance. They liked them both giving each a A- grade, which means they are pretty acceptable to them, The Inland did not like the polymer tipped Hornady ammo, A-O did not mind. Both ate all the rest.

While snooping around KeepShooting for carbine magazines, I couldn't help but notice they have a graphic specifically mentioning the magazine is not from Korea. Presumably there are craptastic magazines produced in said nation. Is this true across the board?

x5fLLPN.png

Not true. Korea is currently issuing the M1 Carbine to it's Police and Army troops. (Reliable magazines are a prerequisite). They are quite selective about what they will issue.

If you look carefully the $13.95 30-round magazines being offered have over 50 reviews. The positive/negative ratio is outstanding. These are made in the USA and have been done right.

Good shooting!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, don't buy the BS that "the M1 Carbine doesn't have enough 'stopping power'". It is a lie. The original 110-grain FMJ loads let the 18" Carbine barrel at between 1977 and 2000 fps. The same can be said for properly loaded soft-point ammunition.

Underwood's 85-grain "Extreme Cavitator" ammunition leaves the Carbines' barrel at 2100 fps and generates 832 foot-pounds of energy. It displaces flesh and bone like a house afire and penetrates into ballistic gelatin 22 1/2 inches.

It is a marvelous "house load" for the "light rifle".

Last Edited:
Not true. Korea is currently issuing the M1 Carbine to it's Police and Army troops. (Reliable magazines are a prerequisite). They are quite selective about what they will issue.

Roger that and thanks. On the topic, I see AIM Surplus has KCI M1 Carbine mags and another, non-specified, Korean made mag at very reasonable rates for 15-rounders and slightly more for 30-rounders. Anyone have experience with these?

Parenthetically, I'm seeing overwhelmingly negative reviews for Pro-Mag M1 Carbine magazines. I'm not surprised, as my own experience with Pro-Mags have ranged from good as OEMs to worse than worthless. As such, I do believe I will steer clear of them. That said, anyone have experience with them and can confirm or deny the crapiliciousness?

I have a number of untried Korean mags, I just have too may other irons in the fire. I have a number of ProMags...mine are garbage, I also have some Taiwanese mags that look promising, they loaded okay, unlike the ProMags

Do not buy ProMag magazines save you hard-earned money and buy Taiwanese magazines or US of A made Magazines from KeepShooting.com.

While the AR-15/M16 rifle is fine, my heart belongs to the M1 Carbine. Believe me, I want to see everyone enjoy the M1 Carbine as much as I do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top