JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apologies if this has been referenced elsewhere, but it looks like the I-594 crowd is planning another ballot initiative in WA. According to their Twitter feed they are going to push the "Extreme Risk Protection Order" law that failed to go anywhere in the legislature (i.e. strip 2A rights without due process). No details yet, but they plan to have a launch event on Thursday featuring the new Seattle PD chief.

"Alliance for Gun Responsibility initiative announcement set for Thursday & will include @SeattlePD Chief Kathleen O'Toole. #waelex #guns"

Their twitter page is here, if you can stand reading it. Scroll down and they have several tweets about the initiative: https://twitter.com/WaGunResponsib

Haven't seen any links to the text of the initiative yet, but this is the bill that just died in the House:

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=2461&year=2015

Some perspective on this:

Another gun control initiative on the way; Obama to skip Scalia service

This morning KOMO News reported that there will be an 11 a.m. launch of a ballot initiative to create so-called "extreme risk protection orders" in Washington State, but a Tuesday report from Baltimore underscores why an earlier gun control measure pushed by the same activists really doesn't prevent the wrong people from getting guns.

<broken link removed>

Here's KOMO's writeup of the launch party. It's pretty much the same cast of characters as last time.

<broken link removed>

And it looks like this is the initiative they have filed with the Secretary of State. Some scary stuff in there.

http://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/218201632532PM_233.docx

WAGR 2014: "Nobody wants to take away guns. Our opponents are just paranoid."

WAGR 2016: If probable cause exists, the court shall issue a warrant describing the firearms and authorizing a search of the locations where the firearms are reasonably believed to be and the seizure of any firearms discovered pursuant to such search.

I'm sure the NRA will take the lead and orchestrate a spirited campaign to help spread the word and give the good people of Washington all the facts and dangers of this initiative.:rolleyes:

I've sent this request to my reps a while back, none of them responded:

The current "majority rules" initiative process no longer fully represents the people of Washington. The majority of Washington voters are clustering in the Puget Sound metro region, which unfairly imposes their decisions over rural Washington. The fix is simple; the initiate process should require a state wide majority vote and a majority vote in at least 50% of Washington counties.

In the "Act:" No option to turn firearms over to a trusted friend/family member.
No appeal allowed, except once a year while the order of protection is in force.
Touch a gun while under the order: You don't get your guns back for five years after the order expires.
How about instead: Encourage the potential victims to arm themselves! Remarkable how bullies back off when their victims push back.
And this is already in Law:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.040 (see 2.a.i & ii)
Wake Up, Washington!

If you have about 2 hours to kill you can watch the entire hearing process from TVW Olympia on all these gun bills.
http://www.tvw.org/watch/?eventID=2016010214

If you just want to see the extreme protection hearing then the following link is what you need.
hosted.invintusmedia.com/?clientID=9375922947&eventID=2016010214&autoStart=false&simple=true&start=2036&stop=4227

I can not post these links over on Dave Workman's Examiner site because examiner wont let me post links. These are archive video and took a little bit of time to load up on my confuser.

Pay very close attention to Jinkens when she queries the staff regarding sworn affidavits.
Also note the four entities that can invoke this type of order.

~Whitney

The current "majority rules" initiative process no longer fully represents the people of Washington. The majority of Washington voters are clustering in the Puget Sound metro region, which unfairly imposes their decisions over rural Washington. The fix is simple; the initiate process should require a state wide majority vote and a majority vote in at least 50% of Washington counties.

Well... Sounds like something that could go into an initiative, ironically enough...
It would get lambasted by the Puget Sound crowd as "anti-democracy"

Don't you mean Majority Vote AND Majority of Counties?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top