JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that is the same Brimstone that does the great work on 10/22 triggers? He has a great reputation on rimfirecentral.com and he does do very nice work.

One in the same. I had David (Brimstone) do the trigger on my 10-22 and it's fantastic.

He's done some AR work for me, a solid guy with fair prices, he's my 'go to' gunsmith.

I stopped by today and took the tour. The place is very nice. It will be a full service provider. Lots of options on classes, gunsmithing, accessories etc.. The location is extremely convenient for Camas and East Vancouver residents. The range membership may be exp. but at least someone else will sell firearms in Clark Co. :)

Nobody has mentioned this.

In my experience, for young and women shooters there is one critical feature to any range.

Whether it is the Pit near Brown's camp. Some forest service maintained road or the Scotsdale Gun Club.

What are the Rest Rooms like?

Nobody has mentioned this.

In my experience, for young and women shooters there is one critical feature to any range.

Whether it is the Pit near Brown's camp. Some forest service maintained road or the Scotsdale Gun Club.

What are the Rest Rooms like?
The mens room was very clean and modern/nice.
I cant say as far as the ladies room...

Went and checked it out,27 bones for an hour 1/2 of shooting. Huge ammo selection with decent prices. Outside of range rental your only charged for targets,most expensive is $2. Not bad.

Yep - pretty nice place. Opened on Tuesday the 8th, so I swung by to check it out Saturday while I was out doing some errands. I thought it was strange that my wife kept calling and saying"you're still there?", since I only spent about an hour or so looking around. Or so I thought - it was actually 3 hours. ;) Lots of goodies to look at, and pretty decent pricing for most things I saw. I'll be back there putting some lead downrange within the next few weeks. Definitely work a look.

C'mon! Complaining at the prices! Look where it's at. You know how much their lease probably cost a month there? And down the street from the high class of Lacamas lake?
They are catering to a higher end shooter and education classes.
The mall ninjas can go to the rained out, over priced pit.

Their prices are steep but that will keep out the white trash like me.

And I would love to join clark rifles, maybe when a couple hundred members that don't ever use it die off and I can get off the waiting list.
But then again I still have to drive out in the sticks, shoot in the rain. Oh and worry about some liberal hack suing me for her getting "shot".

Too expensive for Penguin & Spray to show up? Sounds to me like they've created a little slice of heaven over there in East Vancouver.
Merry Christmas to me! 2nhf19k.jpg

I hope the competition will motivate some of the other ranges to up their game and make their respective sites more user friendly and appealing.

Ranges such as?

As far as I know we have Clark Rifles (an incredible range), and
The English Pit (no dues but a heck of a walk down the slope).

Everything else is in OR.

Only been to 2 in OR. The place to shoot (er blow lots of money fast), and DDRC (a wonderful range but 60 min from my house).

Ranges such as?

As far as I know we have Clark Rifles (an incredible range), and
The English Pit (no dues but a heck of a walk down the slope).

Everything else is in OR.

Only been to 2 in OR. The place to shoot (er blow lots of money fast), and DDRC (a wonderful range but 60 min from my house).
Any of them that want to remain competitive.
People already travel a bit to their favorite places to blast, so why not go to a place that looks and feels and operates like they have entered the 21st century.
Most Clubs and ranges Ive been to in the last 10 years still look the same (1970's vintage) No updates, and they seem to operate on a volunteer basis for improvements and maintenance. Im all for it if thats your glass of whiskey, but shooting sports is evolving.
Its competitive , family oriented , and new training styles are constantly being developed.
Ranges and clubs both need to adapt to the changes and offer what people want. Or hope the same folks that show up to shoot are willing to swing hammers and work in the rain.

For $100 a year and a couple volunteer hours I'll stick with Clark Rifles... It's a damn fine facility- I just wish they had move and shoot ranges.

None of the current ranges will "upgrade" to stay competitive - there just isn't enough people willing to pay those kinds of prices to shoot when the national forest is right around the corner, no RSO's to hastle you, shoot pistols shotguns and rifles from the same spot, no 25 yard limit, etc.

That place is a novelty for the top 5%er's to go play at - not something any other business will try to compete with IMO.

I guess we will see how it is doing in 2-5 years and maybe I'll be wrong. But I doubt it;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top