JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Howdy and welcome aboard. I have some family up your way.

Regarding the Colt Python revolver, you might post specifics, including pictures, <broken link removed>.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

Some detailed pictures like these will get us started.
It looks a lot like the one you have pictured. will upload pic today. The # on the inside of the cylinder is 27132

DSC_0153.JPG DSC_0155.JPG DSC_0157.JPG DSC_0158.JPG DSC_0159.JPG DSC_0161.JPG DSC_0162.JPG

I don't see any signs of buffing. Edges and markings look sharp.
No dishing around pin or bolt holes. So I think the finish is original.

Finish is worn. But mostly there.

How is the timing? [ This is the part where I tell you to make sure the gun is empty]
If you cock the gun with a little drag on the cylinder. Dose the hammer fully cock to the rear before the cylinder locks? [This is a bad thing]
Dose it do this on any of the six chambers?

Cock the gun. Then pull and hold the trigger while you lower the hammer with your thumb.
With the trigger still pulled. Is there any movement when you try to rotate the cylinder buy hand?
It should be ''tight as a bank vault''.
And lastly. Can you get a lot of movement in the cylinder pushing it forward and back?

If it's all good then you probably have a good shooter.
And many guys prefer such a gun. [Screw the safe queen's right] :D

Cost? Well it only takes one guy to buy it?
So start high and come down.

Just saw a refinished Python like yours sell for $2500 [asking] here recently.
And that gun had 0% original finish.

I would prefer yours. ;)

Edit: Your gun [27132] was made in 1963.

Last Edited:
thank you. the gun seems to be tight and in good working order. It will go in a sock and into the safe till summer then I take to the range.
Howdy might be close by neighbor! You live in the Poose you dont need a range just head up in the hills. I live up the Scapp-vern hwy A bit. also that pistol looks to be a cheap knock off I will do a 100 on it! ;) Totally joking It is a dream pistol for me for sure, just too rich for my blood right now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top