JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

Lifetime firearm enthusiast, but unfortunately none of my family or friends have ever hunted, or show any interest in hunting, which means, I didn't grow around it. I would like to learn how to hunt with an experienced guide who can walk me through the process and guide the hunt. I have contacted several hunting ranches in Oregon but they are booked out until 2024!

I would obviously like to not wait that long, but I also don't want to rush things just to get out into the field. So I am posting to gather some recommendations about options for my situation, I am interested in Deer or Elk, but I am not above doing an unconventional hunt for the experience. I know it'll set me back a pretty penny, but would like it to be less than the cost of car.

I have a 30-06 all sighted in, but lack the technical knowledge to execute the hunt.

Hey Tdawg - you should check out the sportsman's Expo going on right now at the Portland expo center. A ton of great guide companies are there and will give you a sense for what a guided trip would cost. These range from barebones to first class type accommodations and are priced accordingly, depending on what you'd be looking for specifically.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top