JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good Afternoon Humans,
Question I live mid valley and need to get my first kid into hunter safety. Long ago you just rolled down to the Boys and Girls Club and watched videos about precarious Peet and the tails of gun safety and shutting gates. It was all second nature no big deal. Now it seems one needs to devote more time and effort than they spend at school to get an ok. I'm sure if I spent hours reading web sites, I could figure something out.... I'm rather impatient, so instead of re-inventing the wheel just humbly ask for a little guidance.
Thank you for your time

I saw the field day in Dec, that's what got me moving toward that direction. Spring turkey is just around the corner, I didn't want to be last at the table.
Thanks

1669853435269.png

Aloha, Mark

In Colorado you are required to take a hunter safety course which includes shooting you also have to take a class if you wanted to hunt mountain lions . I did part online and the other half in class loading and shooting which hope it will help with this new permit who knows .I can tell you from the shooting part there were a lot of future vegans and two Russian guys that were going to hunt that night for elk lol !

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Good Morning, hey thank you for bringing that organization to my attention. Looks to be a solid group of people cleaning up after others. It's pretty lame when I go to the woods and end-up leaving with a truckload of others garbage. Then they gripe and moan when the access is cut of... go figure, society if full of cow-brained morons.
You take care and have a great day

IMO, don't take any shortcuts. I took the Hunter Safety Course with my daughter quite a few years ago and was amazed at how much it had changed and improved. I even learned a few things from the classes and my daughter was/is a very conscientious hunter, along with my son... who are both in their 40s now..

Best advice is to find a Hunters Ed class close by as soon as possible and get on the list . They are always short of instructors and have to limit the class sizes to get the best educational opportunity, so wait times can be long at times... but it will be worth it...

IMO, don't take any shortcuts. I took the Hunter Safety Course with my daughter quite a few years ago and was amazed at how much it had changed and improved. I even learned a few things from the classes and my daughter was/is a very conscientious hunter, along with my son... who are both in their 40s now..

Best advice is to find a Hunters Ed class close by as soon as possible and get on the list . They are always short of instructors and have to limit the class sizes to get the best educational opportunity, so wait times can be long at times... but it will be worth it...
I'll take your advice to heart thank you kindly for your input have a wonderful evening stay, warm.

Good Afternoon Humans,
Question I live mid valley and need to get my first kid into hunter safety. Long ago you just rolled down to the Boys and Girls Club and watched videos about precarious Peet and the tails of gun safety and shutting gates. It was all second nature no big deal. Now it seems one needs to devote more time and effort than they spend at school to get an ok. I'm sure if I spent hours reading web sites, I could figure something out.... I'm rather impatient, so instead of re-inventing the wheel just humbly ask for a little guidance.
Thank you for your time
Oregon Fish and Game has hunter education classes both in person and online.

Oregon Fish and Game

Welcome to the forum!

You as said above sign up on the ODFW web site. If you can Four Corners Rod and Gun Club in Salem offers excellent Hunters safety classes. I highly recommend them

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top