Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New homepage feedback

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by 8ball, Jan 27, 2011.

1. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Thanks for the upgrade.

Some constructive criticism - I dislike the new 'blog style' homepage. I come to NWFA to read and participate in discussions, not to read blog posts that are two weeks old. There are plenty of blogs I go for that style of info that are updated much more quickly than NWFA.

The earlier style of showing active forum threads worked much better to draw in interest. I bet it is stickier for readers and optimizes for SEO better too.

I realize I can click on 'Forum' and then 'Todays Posts' but that's two extra clicks, and it's packed with WTS/WTT ads so it's less useful.

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for all those suggestions 8ball. You actually touched on 3 things I'm currently working on ;)

3. I agree with 8ball on his second point specifically. I was much more involved in reading threads as I could see what the current topics were with one quick click.